Parents venting....you won't believe this!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

sjm2b3

Proud Parent
I'm not sure whether to just feel angry or just sad! DD went to a birthday party on Saturday for one of her teammates. The girl is two years older and invited several girls from the gym. A few of them spent the night afterwards at the birthday girl's house (not my DD). Apparently the girl has a bar and beam downstairs, and the ones who spent the night were playing on it and the mom said she needed to be present for them to use it (makes sense).

So, the mom came up with a game....."let's pretend we are (insert girl from team's name here)". Each girl was supposed to take a turn and pretend they were this particular girl, the girl they were making fun of was an older girl who really struggles. She does whine and cry alot, but she has also gone through a tough divorce and is just an older girl who doesn't have a lot of natural ability. Can you believe a mother would come up with an idea like that???????? Who does these things!!! I actually thought the girl having a birthday was a nice girl and never would have dreamed her mom would have been like that. I am so glad DD wasn't there, but just sad that this is the example kids were getting. Each kid apparently did a trick poorly, or whined, and then everyone else laughed.

I really just wanted to share, because I'm still in shock and just disgusted over it. Thanks for letting me get that out. I have my DD in gymnastics for a lot of reasons, and I would hope it will ultimately HELP build her character in a positive way. How could a mother be so demeaning....

That is so sad. Are you positive this was the mothers idea? I am glad your DD was not there to be associated with the scene that took place.

That is truly despicable. An astounding lack of good judgment or any moral compass on the part of the mother. Thank goodness your dd was not there!

One of the girls at the party who is a bit older (almost 11) texted her mom from there as she knew it was wrong. She told her exactly what happened, and it was the mom's idea apparently. The mom even participated and pretended to be this girl. Isn't it horrible??? My DD just turned 7. The birthday girl was turning 9.

That's awful. I'm glad your DD wasn't there to witness it. What on earth is wrong with people?

Sounds like the mom was trying way to hard to be "cool". It's truly sad and she was actually damaging the children who were there participating. It's encouraging that one of the girls reached out to her mom, knowing it was wrong.

That is awful behavior and I would stay far far away from that family and tell DD to keep her distance from the child. Yuck.

For the life of me, I can not imagine one mother I know doing this. I can picture a group of snotty little girls doing it,but a grown woman? Who in the world would do this and encourage children to do it. I'm probably not thinking right, but it seems the coach should be informed about this and the parents of the girls should be told. If my kid was encouraged by an adult to participate in such a heinous thing, I would want to know about it so I could talk to her and tell her how wrong it is.

Unreal. Honestly some parents are crazy. Good for the older girl for texting her mom. I would hope my DD feels like she can come to me with that stuff- and knows it's wrong. How will you ever be able to look this mom in the face again knowing what you know.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back