Parents victory over the evil mill circle

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymmomntc2e6

Moderator/Proud Parent
I know you are all SICK of me whining about the dreaded mill circle and my dd's struggle to get this skill since October.

Well, listen to me whine no more :D:D:D:D:D (about mill circles anyway:p).

She nailed her mill circle all night at practice !!!!!!!!!!!!!
:bars:

Yay!!! I bet that that front hip will be coming soon after. Figuring out that wrist movement and timing and she will be on her way to L4!! Only 1 of the 5 that moved is close to having it on her own. It is such a pesky skill. LOL. I am so happy for your DD.

CONGRATULATIONS to your little one! That's one skill we never had to learn here, and by the way people talk about it, I'm glad!

Nice when all the hard work pays off:)

Canadian gym mom

Congrats, now if my DD can learn to control it and stop when she gets back to the top, I could rejoy with you. Instead I get to be 1 1/2 mill circles. I just remind myself, January is still a long time off.

Barb

LOL, congrats on the mill circle. After states in Jan the only thing my DD has been doing at practice is conditioning. I'm curious to see if she will be able to do it consistantly too when they start up with the routines this summer. She usually did get it at meets...but it wasn't pretty, LOL

Silly how they only need this for L4 and then it is *poof* gone. Anyone ever see Nastia do one, LOL

Thank you all so much for all your support & encouragement. I am sure this will not be the only skill she struggles with !! At least I know this skill is difficult for most kids to get.

Now, it is on to the front hip circle and kip !!

Again, thanks. You all are great

Congratulations to your DD! My DD just finished level 2 and is now beginning to learn this skill, so I'm a little concerned! She told me yesterday that the mill circle scares her (and she is never afraid!). I may take over your whining position :)

Wow! Thats great. Its good to know that the end is insight. I can't wait until my dd gets her's too. It's driving her crazy and then of course that drives me crazy.

Hooray! So glad to hear she finally has it, though I don't think it is ever completely 100% guaranteed they will make it. We had a little 7 yo gymnast who ALWAYS makes her mill circle and scores in the 9.4 range on bars do one and a half at the last meet. It's a frustrating skill for sure, especially since you know it goes away after L4! Anyway, congrats to your DD!

Meg

Congrats on your dd's mill circle. When my dd was a level 4, I used to always say "use your stoppers" every time she went around. We were gald when it went away for level 5.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back