Off Topic Video camera reccomendations?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Geoffrey Taucer

Staff member
Gold Membership
Coach
Gymnast
I'm looking to buy a digital video camera which I would mostly use to film in the gym. I really don't know enough about digital camcorders to know what to look for.

I want to be able to upload videos to my computer and post them on youtube as well. I don't have any video editing software, so it would be good if the camera came with something like that.

Any reccomendations as far as what features/specs I should look for?

Almost anything out there today should be able to do what you need it to do. As far as editing, there are some great programs out there, but Windows Movie Maker (comes with PC) does all the basics.

Here is my video camera:

http://www99.epinions.com/Sony_Handycam_DCR_HC21_Camcorder

Some people really like to have an external microphone port. If you want that option, you would have to find something more expensive.

If you plan on letting anyone else touch it, buy a cheap one. Things always seem to get broken at gyms. The one I have was under $300.

One thing to remember, video cameras take good video and still cameras take good pictures. Don't plan on getting a video camera that will take good still pictures. Including my lenses and accessories, my regular camera cost around $2000.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back