WAG Video of Kadee's bar routine

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Deanna

Moderator/Proud Parent
Proud Parent
I wanted to post this, to show how hard my baby fought for that high bar kip/long hang kip. The routine is not "clean". She has a pretty funky FHC in it and some form issues. But she fought so so hard for that kip. Although she didn't get credit for it. She doesn't realize that.
When I asked her why she fought so hard for it she said..."Momma..I know I can do it, you know I can do it, the girls (teammates) know I can do it, and my coaches konw...but the judges didn't know, and I wanted them to know I could do it". No way I could be upset with her about that...lol. I think she did pretty good for a little girl who turned 7 in Aug.

The bars were brand spanking new..they came out of the wrapping and everything when we were setting them up. Never felt a set of bars with such deep feeling "ridges" in them. A lot of the girls from several teams made mention about how "rough" the bars were. That their hands didn't move as freely as they were used to. Oh, well. It is what it is. It was an issue with most girls..so not an excuse.

For the love of pete, I got stuck on stupid posting this video

[video=youtube;_1BhI1e0zoU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1BhI1e0zoU[/video]

I had to smile watching this routine, because my daughter competed its twin several times during her first year's trip through L5. The kid could not do a clean kip to save her life, but she somehow found a way to get up there. She's now fighting for her kip-cast-handstands, because, as of about three or four weeks ago, the giants are there.

Have faith! That kind of determination is well more than half the battle. Your daughter has the spirit needed to make it in this sport!

Yay for Kaydee!! I remember it well. DD had to muscle many a kip gone wrong. She's willing to fight for it and you can't buy that :)

Hopefully, when she looks back at this years from now, she won't see the form breaks and problems, but rather what the sheer force of determination and will can accomplish. Good for her.

That's so inspiring to watch - if there were a gold medal for determination...

Also, to a little girl, having 'made' her kip will give her confidence - I made it last time, so I can do it again :D

Well done to your daughter!

That fight she showed there?

Way more important, in the long run of life, than a highbar kip. That's what this sport REALLY teaches you!

Thank you everyone. She impresses me, but I'm her Momma..lol. I know the routine is not perfect. And could probably be picked to death by some. But being her Mom, even though I see the bent legs, arms..(the really wonky FHC), they seem so small compared to her fight. That's what I am so proud of her for. That is some of the "maturity" I see in her this year. Last year if she missed a skill like that (she was an L4 though) she would have just done a pull over and went on. But she was bound and determined that everyone was going to see she could do it. And in her eyes, she did...
She is just so much more aware of her body, and where it is in relation to everything else around her..including herself...lol
She was kind of upset that she "only got a 7.5" on that, because bars is "her thang"...lol (only up from here for her..she did better at this first meet as an L5 than she did as an L4 last year). That in it's self is something to be proud of.
And I love that her coach was certain to praise her right away for it too.

Love the hug from her coach afterwards! The best thing this sport teaches our girls is pride in themselves, right Moms? And Kadee certainly showed that in this routine! Way to go!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back