Visa Championships

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

J

Jojogymgirl

Who do you think will make the National team? What are your thoughts about Worley, Priess, Davis, and Persinger? What's up with the Adidas leos, not to mention the hideous other leos we saw?! Any newcomers in the top ten you are surprised about? Please post anything about Nats and if you have links to NEW pictures and videos, please post! ...and any vids on the juniors???!!!!!

What we can be almost 100% certain of barring injury.

Shawn, Nastia, Alicia.

After that I would say Chellsie for her strong bars

The two other places? US does not have such a deep field this Olympic year. Shayla Worley is great ,but her back problems may keep her out. Marta Karyoli and her team have to fill the six spots with the people who can do the best job.

I must pipe-in for Jana, since she is from our home gym! =) If you look at her scores, she does have a fairly decent level of difficluty in her start values. I'm no expert, but maybe if she can really hit her routines, and be a bit more crisp w/ her moves, she could end up helping the team a lot. She's a very sweet, calm and focused young lady. I doubt she'll get very 'rattled' and lose her nerve, which is a very valuable trait in a gymnast!

I also really like Ivana Hong. We saw her live when we went to the VISA champs last year in San Jose, CA. She looks very pretty and 'light' in her routines, but she does seem to sometimes get nervous and wobble. Since we watched warm-ups and competition, we did notice that she made a few more mistakes while competing than she did in her warm-up.

Definitely Alicia. Just for her leadership and spunk alone, she's an incredibly valuable team member. Her college experience has most-lilkely taught her that 'team' mentality, which is so important in the Olympic race for Gold!

Alicia, Nastia and Shawn are definates.... how is Bridget Sloan doing? I think she's great but I couldn't find anything on youtube.
Ivana and Chellsie also!

I didn't like Shawn's new floor. It didn't seem to flow very well, didn't fit in with the music and she didn't seem to be enjoying it from a fuzzy youtube video.

Jana, as you said, needs to improve her form to be a big asset. Ivana is a beautiful gymnast, but she can be very shaky.

Bridget has a very good chance, but she too is suffering from a leg injury, she will not compete all 4 (so the people that think they know everything say:D) But she will go to Trials.

I think Darling Hills power is great, but whether it is enough to get her to the big O who knows.

I suppose at this point the top 4 have great skills, the other picks will be filling in all the gaps.

Hopefully Nastia can get her floor together for today, But really for the top 4 it doesn't really matter what they do, they will be at trials and I am pretty certain they will be in the Olympics.

I have been continually amazed at the amount of hard work and pressure these young girls are dealing with. They are truly inspiring.

Who do you think will make the National team? What are your thoughts about Worley, Priess, Davis, and Persinger? What's up with the Adidas leos, not to mention the hideous other leos we saw?! Any newcomers in the top ten you are surprised about? Please post anything about Nats and if you have links to NEW pictures and videos, please post! ...and any vids on the juniors???!!!!!

Priess retired from elite to concentrate on NCAA.

Anyone keeping track of the current JR scores for Day 2? Sam Shapiro must have HIT everything in her routine for a full point!

live results

2008 Women's Visa Championships - Day 2 - Meet Results

I'm watching quick hits. Sam fell on her floor, too bad. Jordyn Weiber is amazing.

Jordyn IS amazing - hope she can stay amazing for another 4 years...:D

Last year she competed at a L10 comp and everyone was blown away - including the competition. looks like today will be no exception. I am bummed I can't get the qucik hits:mad:

Last edited by a moderator:
Jordyn IS amazing - hope she can stay amazing for another 4 years...:D

Last year she competed at a L10 comp and everyone was blown away - including the competition. looks like today will be no exception. I am bummed I can't get the qucik hits:mad:

Why can't you get quick hits?

having internet problems... son, playstation 3 call of duty live messed with something LOL.... well, happy for JW - she is the bomb. I can't wait to see Sam's UB's! Her score was as high as some of the top sr's.:D well off to dance recital #2 lol - will return lata

Nic, you have my total sympathy. My 15 soon to be 16 year old son loves to tweak my stuff every now and then, just makes me want to tweak him.

Enjoy the recital, it is that time of year. We have no gym on the weekends until September, I feel like I have been liberated, just think of the gas money we'll save.:D

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back