Voluntary Routine with max 1.1 difficulty

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I'm part of the trampoline club at uni and I'm trying to design a voluntary routine suitable for NEUT or BUCS competitions. It cannot have more than 1.1 for the difficulty and cannot exceed 270 degrees rotation for somersaults. Does anyone have any routines that would be suitable other than the British Gymnastics Award 8 and 9 routines?

I used to design routines for busa comps, but so flipping long ago now my poor old brain is creaking.

I'll have a think and see if i can come up with some (very retro!) ideas, but agree lucy is probably best.

I'll give you two of the dutch routines

Routine 1. tariff 0.7
1. Full turn
2. Tuck jump
3.Pike jump
4. 1/2 turn to seat
5. 1/2 turn to seat
6. stand
7. 1/2 turn
8. straddle jump
9. stomach drop
10. stand

Routine 2. tariff 1.0
1. Stomach drop
2. stand
3. Pike jump
4. Back jump
5. 1/2 turn stand
6. 1/2 turn seat
7. 1/2 turn seat
8. 1/2 turn stand
9. tuck jump
10. full turn

If you can read trampoline code there are more ideas to get here. Though these are the only two under 1.1 tariff you can maybe adjust the more advanced ones a bit to get them at 1.1 or under. http://www.kngu.nl/uploads/trampoli...plcihte_oefenstof_Trampolinespringen_2012.pdf

ooooh, I remember my Bronze routine from waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyy back in school

Swivel hips 1/2 turn
1/2 turn
tuck jump
front drop
straddle jump
back drop

half twist to front routine?

Are you competing BUCS 6/neut novice (sorry I don't know how neut are doing their categories anymore!)

Basically the way tariff works is that you get 0.1 for every 1/4 somersault rotation (in either direction) and 0.1 for every 1/2 a twist. You can get a bonus 0.1 for a complete somersault and an additional 0.1 bonus for a shape other than tucked in complete somersaults that don't twist. So a front landing is 0.1, the return to feet is another 0.1. A double back tucked is 2.0 (0.4+0.4 for two lots of four quarter turns, and 0.1 +0.1 bonus for two complete somersaults)

You can pretty much do anything you want, uni comps are not serious and should be fun! If you want some ideas for a more fun or kooky routine have a look at the ISTO routines, they are always nuts, and the older ones for non league comps like Warwick before it became part of SUTL.

I always think it's fun to do a unique routine that the judges don't expect (in fact, I don't really want to be identified here and if I put down my voluntary routine people might recognise me, I'm definitely the only person who does it!)

But there's nothing wrong with the he award 9 routine!

half twist to front routine?

Are you competing BUCS 6/neut novice (sorry I don't know how neut are doing their categories anymore!)

Basically the way tariff works is that you get 0.1 for every 1/4 somersault rotation (in either direction) and 0.1 for every 1/2 a twist. You can get a bonus 0.1 for a complete somersault and an additional 0.1 bonus for a shape other than tucked in complete somersaults that don't twist. So a front landing is 0.1, the return to feet is another 0.1. A double back tucked is 2.0 (0.4+0.4 for two lots of four quarter turns, and 0.1 +0.1 bonus for two complete somersaults)

You can pretty much do anything you want, uni comps are not serious and should be fun! If you want some ideas for a more fun or kooky routine have a look at the ISTO routines, they are always nuts, and the older ones for non league comps like Warwick before it became part of SUTL.

I always think it's fun to do a unique routine that the judges don't expect (in fact, I don't really want to be identified here and if I put down my voluntary routine people might recognise me, I'm definitely the only person who does it!)

But there's nothing wrong with the he award 9 routine!

Yes, I'm competing in Novice for NEUT, and considering BUCS 6. I want to create a new voluntary routine, as the BUCS 6 compulsory routines seem easy to me, so I was hoping to be able to compete a more difficult one for the voluntary. I was thinking about just altering the award 9 routine by adding more half twists, but I saw that I could add more difficulty by doing hands and knees turnovers or back pullovers. Have you seen anyone add these to voluntary routines? I've only been to two competitions so far, and the majority repeated the compulsory routine, or only had very minor changes, so I don't know if it would be weird to compete an entirely different routine.

I'll give you two of the dutch routines

Routine 1. tariff 0.7
1. Full turn
2. Tuck jump
3.Pike jump
4. 1/2 turn to seat
5. 1/2 turn to seat
6. stand
7. 1/2 turn
8. straddle jump
9. stomach drop
10. stand

Routine 2. tariff 1.0
1. Stomach drop
2. stand
3. Pike jump
4. Back jump
5. 1/2 turn stand
6. 1/2 turn seat
7. 1/2 turn seat
8. 1/2 turn stand
9. tuck jump
10. full turn

If you can read trampoline code there are more ideas to get here. Though these are the only two under 1.1 tariff you can maybe adjust the more advanced ones a bit to get them at 1.1 or under. http://www.kngu.nl/uploads/trampoli...plcihte_oefenstof_Trampolinespringen_2012.pdf

Thanks :) I like how the second routine has both front and back drops, as the routines I've been practising normal only have one. All those half twists seem like a good way to increase the difficulty.

Ok, so it's not weird at all to do a different vol to your set. However, at the lower levels particularly, form wins out every time, which is why people tend to do the same (easier) routine again. I don't know how much you know about the scoring but basically you score for your tariff once, but your middle three form scores get added together, so you score for form three times over, which is why people don't do harder routines and still win.

If I were you I would not compete back pullover or hands and knees turnover. These are progressions rather than moves in their own right and are not meant to be competed (despite being allowed at lower levels) they bring your height down considerably, which is a big deduction, not worth the tariff increase. (There is easy maths for working out the 'value' of adding/removing a skill - adding a back pullover as opposed to a back landing and return to feet is 0.2 more in tariff. However you will certainly be deducted more than 0.1 per judge for the loss of height, which amounts to a total deduction of AT LEAST 0.3, all for a 0.2 increase in tariff, which is not worth it as it amounts to an overall loss)

Have you discussed this with your coach? If it's all too easy it sounds like you may need to move up a category.

And if you want to add a somersault.
This is the voluntary routine my DS first performed when he just started competition. It's basically routine nr 1. but with a somersault added.

Tariff 1.0

1.back ss tucked
2.tuck jump
3.pike jump
4.half turn to seat
5.half turn to seat
6.stand
7.half turn
8.stradle jump
9.stomach jump
10. stand

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!