WAG AA Final

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

**SPOILER ALERT - Stop reading if you haven't watched**

Unreal. She's unreal. On a bad day she wins going away. That smile is meant for a Wheaties box. Onward to Rio Simone!!

Heck of a day for Gabby and Larissa too. Both huge improvements over qualifying. Well done ladies.

USA... woohoo!!

So happy for Gabby (and of course Simone). Gabby has had so many naysayers over the last 3 years. So much discussion about whether her talk of Rio was only for publicity as opposed to her really making a run for it. I didn't know what her intentions were but I never stopped pulling for her! Bravo ladies!!!

Simone's nerves really got to her. She messed up on all four events. And she still wins by more than 1 point. She made history tonight. She will continue to. greatest living female gymnast -- possibly greatest ever.
Messed up seems pretty strong. She had 1 major error on beam and 1 obvious error on floor. Was she perfect on any event, no. Sure she's come close on vault, but she was still pretty amazing there today too. her bar routine was actually smooth and clean today. It is incredible that her difficulty is such that with a few errors she is still ahead buy that much. What made the gap between her and the next two places so much smaller was not so much her performance but actually that the next 2 had much higher scores than during qualifying.

Simone's nerves really got to her. She messed up on all four events. And she still wins by more than 1 point. She made history tonight. She will continue to. greatest living female gymnast -- possibly greatest ever.

I agree. She made obvious mistakes on all four, but she could easily win with four falls.I feel she has not reached her full potential. She simply out classes everyone else.

Lovely to see Gabby smiling on the podium she seemed genuinely happy with herself.

Some crappy falls, some beautiful routines. The Hydro is a great arena.

I am so happy for Simone and she gets to come home to a brand new gym! Look up World Champion Center in Spring, TX on Facebook or their website. They are opening a HUGE brand new facility and they set it up this week.
I let my girls watch the medal ceremony live after school.

Last edited:
The timing worked out perfectly for me today so I got to watch the whole thing live and uninterrupted! I actually had jury duty today and got dismissed early so I didn't have any other obligations.

Simone was....golden. And we expected nothing less. Happy for her three peat ; she deserves it

Also *thrilled* for Larisa Iordache !! To come back from such a bad day in qualifying and time off this year, and show what she is capable of--what a fighter! And her teammate Laura Jurca placing 8th in her first year as a senior isn't too shabby either :)

(Makes me wonder what Romania could've done in TF had the gotten to the 3 up 3 count stage...)

Reactions: sce
Simone a wonder as always. Happy for Gabi, and she looked great(and happy!) In a way I'm glad she edged out Maggie's AA total from team finals, so she doesn't have to face any "Maggie should have been there" criticism/second guessing. I think Simone, Gabi and Maggie have solidified their spots for Rio(barring injury), as I can't see any of the juniors surpassing their combination of difficulty, execution and the all important consistency.

Also happy that Larisa was able to hit. With the 3rd and 8th best AA's in the world, the Romanians at least have something positive to take away after that disastrous qualifying performance.

Man, if only Shang Chungsong could vault, Simone might actually have some competition. She was only 2.1 behind Simone with a 13.8 on vault!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back