WAG Floor Finals

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Flavia and Thorsodottir both made errors in qualifying, their presence in the final would have made it far more enjoyable to watch. Save the tumbling displays for the tumblers in the Gala thanks, you should have a complete package for a floor final.

I'm amazed at the form improvements in Aly. I honestly didn't think she could do it!
Flavia is adorable but really good too.

Even just since P&G you can see such an improvement. I can't imagine how hard it is to fix something you've been doing a certain way for years and years.
According to my kid, it's beyond hard...and she is not yet double digits lmao....so I am sure it was insane for Aly.

I saw a tweet to coach Aime Borman asking how Aly cleaned up her amanar . The answer, 'she finally believed she could'. I know it's more than that but wow.

Also, if you read Twitter look up Salto coach, it's Simone's coach and she answers tons of fan questions.

The TV analysts seem to think that landings are the only technical aspect of gymnastics. They don't mention bent knees or feet/leg separation or piked form; the landings, not falling and not going out of bounds are all that seems to matter to them.

This drove me crazy for the entire Olympics. There is more to scoring than a stuck landing, no matter how good that feels to watch. :/

The commentators pick out things that are easy for a general audience to see and understand. Hence, the landings and the out of bounds instead of things like form and technical errors or amplitude deductions.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back