Parents wait a minute, wait a minute, wait a minute….

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

DD will likely move on to L8 next season and yay, do something other than a front handspring vault! However, DS will move up to L6, where guess what? The compulsory vault is . . . a FHS. That will make six . . . freaking . . . years of watching that thing.

It's funny how for the first meet of new level, it's like "cool, I could listen to this music for 2 hours without a problem". By the third meet, I'm scratching my eyeballs out!

DD will likely move on to L8 next season and yay, do something other than a front handspring vault! However, DS will move up to L6, where guess what? The compulsory vault is . . . a FHS. That will make six . . . freaking . . . years of watching that thing.

One of my boys just did one year of L4 and will most likely compete it again next year. Little brother is too young this coming year but will probably compete L4 the following year. That's 3 years of watching the boys L4 routines.:eek: Oh look! It's another handstand flat back vault!

I have never heard the girls compulsory music, but I'm counting it a plus that I don't have to deal with it. That and meet hair. I can barely get us ready and out the door as it is.

Even when you get to optionals, you'll discover that one of your daughters' teammates will have floor music that gets stuck in your head for a week after every meet.
I created half of our Optionals (7/14) floor music cuts :) and all 14 girls have music that suits them... so I don't mind if their music gets stuck in my head. It is better than the compulsory music.

My husband brings the headphones for his iPhone, turns the music up really loud and waits for me to tap him on the arm when it's DD turn
My husband was doing this as well. He was just as excited as DD when she moved up to level 6 this season and got her own music. He said that the compulsory music was an "ear worm" that drove him nuts, LOL!

My husband was doing this as well. He was just as excited as DD when she moved up to level 6 this season and got her own music. He said that the compulsory music was an "ear worm" that drove him nuts, LOL!
Honestly I think it's part to block out the music and part to block out a couple of the moms. So he may never take the headphones out.

DD finished compulsories 2 years ago, but I still can have moments of the new music stuck in my head just from walking in to pick up a kid here or there - definitely worse than last cycle in my opinion...but maybe its PTSD!!!

I don't know what it was about the old level 4 music, but I have that song locked in my brain for all time. I can bring it to mind/sing it for you easier than I could the piece of music my DD has used for optionals the past 2 years. I could even do a bit of the routine for you. Well, ok. Just a tiny bit. The first part. With the arms.

I don't know what it was about the old level 4 music, but I have that song locked in my brain for all time. I can bring it to mind/sing it for you easier than I could the piece of music my DD has used for optionals the past 2 years. I could even do a bit of the routine for you. Well, ok. Just a tiny bit. The first part. With the arms.
Arm side and down... arm up and down... bounce, bounce, jump, jump, finish. Step, kick, handstand forward roll finish. Step, lock, turn, chassé, turn, step, kick, handstand bridge kickover, finish. Run, run, leap, step, hop ... lol

My husband brings the headphones for his iPhone, turns the music up really loud and waits for me to tap him on the arm when it's DD turn
That is very smart. The viewing area at our gym is enclosed so we can't hear what's going on. Sometimes I'm sad that I can't hear anything the coaches are saying, but I also can't hear the floor music. It's also fun to imagine what the coach is saying based on facial expression an arm movements. You can always tell when ds' coach is having a too much crazy little boy moment.

I got to see a FHS this winter when DD competed L8 in the states..... Really hoping for a more consistent tsuk landing for invitationals in a month! Nothing worse than YEARS of front HS :)

I can still hear the old class 3 (before there were levels) music from almost 30 yrs ago! And I can remember the routine up to the end of the first tumbling pass. Is that totally weird?

So true! My daughter only did 2 L4 meets and the music still started playing in my head when I read this.

Of course, my phone has decided that anytime I pause an audio book and then push play again, it will start playing her current floor music instead, so I'm kind of sick of that, too.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back