Warning! Spoiler Alert Bb Ef

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Beautiful beam performances... I was surprised to see no news here - anyone else watch?

I was so thrilled for Shawn, Nastia & Cheng - & Pavs was so close to a bronze!

GOLD - Shawn Johnson 16.225
Silver - Nastia Liukin 16.025
bronze - Cheng Fei 15.95
4th Anna Pavlova 15.9

I missed it!

I can't wait to see it tonight. While I really wanted Nastia to win because I am in love with her beam, I am happy to see Shawn finally get a gold. These Olympics have probably been pretty disappointing for her.

Did Cheng Fei actually have a good routine to beat Pavlova, or did being from China help raise her score? (I feel bad for asking this, but it is a pretty relevant question lately with this scoring)

Fei had a few balance checks... but her form was beautiful. It was slighlty overscored IMO, but in line with how she has been scored on BB so far.

pavs had a lovely routine but did not handstand in her kolesnikova, couple of wobbles - nice dismount... despite the overscore for Fei, Pavs deserved 4th

Shanshan had a fall - poor thing

Nastia gorgeous routine - looking divine in white:D

Shawn routine was great, only 1 small step in her dismount

Honestly, Nastia's form was better, but shawn put up the difficulty bringing her the gold

YES! Finally! I can't wait to watch it tonight! That is exactly how I would have wanted the medals to go....except maybe having Pavlova in 3rd

I am so mad! I didn't want to find out early results for this one, but leave it to my mother to put on Good Morning America, who doesn't warn you of spoiler alerts! They said,"And Shawn Johnson finally gets her gold medal" UGH!!! Now that I know, I'll admit I was wrong. I think I had Li Shanshan winning, then a battle for silver and bronze between Nastia and Shawn, only because Nastia had the world-champ curse going against her!

I too wish Pavs had got third place, she is such an amazing gymnast. SAdly I think she had too many pauses and just hasn't been on in these games.

I couldn't be happier for Shawn, she is a great gymnast who works hard with her body type to excel, natural flexibility is such a great gift and not every gymnast has it.

Shawn and Nastia get to return home with nine Olympic medals between them, that is incredible. They and their coaches have so much to be proud of, I wonder if they'll still be around in 4 years for London.

I wonder if I should go visit the family in 4 years in London?

Last edited:
[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qq_BePxe5bk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qq_BePxe5bk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Shawns beam on youtube, it's there now, but it won't be for long.

bogwoppit;3732 I wonder if I should go visit the family in 4 years in London?[/quote said:
UGH you are so lucky!

I would have to wait for 2016 IF chicago is the chosen location.... If not then most likely NEVER :mad:

UGH you are so lucky!

I would have to wait for 2016 IF chicago is the chosen location.... If not then most likely NEVER :mad:

You haven't met my family, they are all completely barking mad. :boggled::drool::drunk::spin: I don't know where I came from!

I was doing my happy dance when I saw Shawn got gold on beam. I am so happy for her that she gets to go home with a gold medal on top of the 3 silver medals. She really does make beam look easy though doesn't she.

I wish I knew what they were saying in that You Tube video from China. I would ask my sister-in-law to translate if she didn't get so pissy with us when we ask her about her culture. Silly girl :rolleyes:

The most important thing is that our girls did their best and were rewarded accordingly. Go Shawn and Nastia. And congrats to all of the other girls that worked hard to make it that far. These kids are amazing!:)

I can only hope so! I'm a little over an hour away from the windy city.

If Chicago wins the bid DD and I will be going. We are about 3 hours away from there. I am thinking that it will come down to Rio or Chicago because something that I read said that Tokyo may not get it since the city will be picked so soon after the 2008 games that was an Asian county, Madrid may be out since 2012 is in London and 2014 (Winter) is in Russia, so that would be 3 European countries in a row.

Here is a quote From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia:

" Although there is no official IOC rotation policy, the Americas have an edge to host since previous games will have been held in Asia, Europe, and Australia: London, Beijing, Athens, and Sydney. But candidate city Rio also fills the category and has the advantage of being in South America, a region which has never hosted. Although not as strong in infrastructure, Rio is identified as a "dark horse" that can ride away with the competition."

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back