MAG Washing new uniforms?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics

Madden3

Proud Parent
Team is getting brand new uniforms for the first time since my boys started. Before this it was the same uniform for many years so we always used hand me down pieces.

I always wash new clothes before letting kids wear them...it is just a thing I do.

Would you wash new uniforms before first meet or not?

Thanks

Team is getting brand new uniforms for the first time since my boys started. Before this it was the same uniform for many years so we always used hand me down pieces.

I always wash new clothes before letting kids wear them...it is just a thing I do.

Would you wash new uniforms before first meet or not?

Thanks
Not a bad idea, as colors can bleed a bit at first, so you'd be rinsing that out. I would hand wash it though in lots of cold water.

I'm a bit lazier. If washing new clothes first is something you always do, there's no reason why not. The new uniforms we just got, I slapped on them the first time they needed them, without washing.

When I do wash them I use a short cycle or gentle cycle, putting them in a lingerie bag during the wash, and I air dry at least the singlet. The warmups and bottoms I will put in the dryer if I'm concerned about getting everything dry in time (like I am tonight), but only on either delicate or a short timed cycle.

Thanks everyone! I washed them. I always wash uniforms on gentle with cold water and hang dry everything. My problem was my older DS for some reason did not want them washed, I think he thought it would mess them up somehow and he is so thrilled with this new uniform. Everything seems to have survived. I like the idea of a lingerie bag I will do that next time.

I have done both the lingerie bag and none, with no difference. But it is nice to throw it in with other things. I gentle wash everything and hang dry it. I have done it before, but usually, on our old team, the boys were getting their uniforms at the first meet, so no chance. In fact, last year, D's did not come in time for the first meet so he had to wear his old one (totally different).

Yes I think I remember your uniform issues last season! I was worried but we got these nice and early. Even though there were fit issues for one son that was solved speedily.

I have done both the lingerie bag and none, with no difference. But it is nice to throw it in with other things. I gentle wash everything and hang dry it. I have done it before, but usually, on our old team, the boys were getting their uniforms at the first meet, so no chance. In fact, last year, D's did not come in time for the first meet so he had to wear his old one (totally different).
Lol, our girls team changed colors and design this season and we are still waiting on ONE leotard to come in. That girl has competed in her old leo for the first two meets so far.
Actually HER leo came in - but her parents had ordered a size too small. We had a new girl get her leo ordered one week later than the rest of the team... But she ordered a size bigger than she needed (mom wanted growing room). The initial order arrived 2 weeks before the first meet. The additional leo still hasn't arrived 20 days later.
Had new girl try on the too small leo and it actually has a little growing room, so the one she ordered would be way too big. Just waiting on it to arrive so all the girls match :) Hopefully by the third meet.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back