Parents Washing??

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Monkeygirlsmom

Proud Parent
do you handwash the leotards or Put them in the machine on Gentle?

I am not sure how the best wayt to wash them up!! I want to keep them in good shape!!

Some of the Dream light and GK leo's say not to hand wash them. If you hand wash them they tend to bleed because the excess water is not spun out of them. When my DD was new to the sport I machine washed them and then laid them out to dry. Now, I just throw them in with the rest of the laundry! Comp leo's are different though. Those I machine or hand wash depending on the color scheme and lay flat to dry!

I just turn them inside out and hand wash them. You might see a little bleeding of the color in the water, but I've never had any run on the leo. I've even been so bold as to do this with her comp leos(made by GK) without a problem. She has a couple that are older and those I will throw in the washer.

I don't put them in the laundry. The ones we have they advice not to. We have mostly velours ones, so I put them in a bucket for a while with some soft detergent. Then try to g et most of the water out, not really wring them hardly. And then hang them out. In the winter I hang them out inside on a towel and in the summer I hang them on a rack outside.

Well, the very first offical "team" leotard was treated like gold & I hand washed it all the time. However, I have 3 children and right now 2 are on dive team and the combo of 100 wet towels plus the 3 dirty leos a week & like a thousand swimsuits...I just throw them all in together and wash gentle. I do have a hanger that I let them dry on because I have shrunk a few in the past I think, LOL

We have a lot of GK, some Alpha Factor and 1 or 2 Satara. I know the GK tag on the newest leo says not to handwash. I suppose it depends on the fabic. I know all the velvet ones wash well.

We machine wash all of our daughters leos and they do great.

Hi, I'm new to the group but here is a topic I know something about!! My daughter is schooled at the gym so I wash 5 leos a week (mostly Snowflake). At first, like some other parents, I treated them like gold, but now I just throw all the laundry in together. They have all survived just fine. I also throw them all in the dryer. Competition leos I treat more tenderly (following the label directions) because they are so expensive and we only have 1 of each style.

Just thought that I would add that I wash them all in the washer and then either hang to dry or lay them flat on the dryer while it is running. They all seemed fine.

Comp leos I basically do the same thing, but they get put in the dryer - per the directions.

Blackie6 - Do you know what meets that your dd will be attending this yr? My dd is a Level 7 - we have no idea which meets we will be going to, in the past we have always attended Pumpkin Cup at Rutgers. It's a lot of fun, the girls love it. the girls' seasons are getting closer.... I can't wait!

We throw the leos in the washing machine and hang them on the laundry room doorknob to dry. I have a front loading machine and have never once had a single problem with this method. Her competition leo gets hand washed only because I don't want to take any chances with the rhinestones coming off.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back