Watching the seniors - P&G

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

They did show it in the YouTube stream, but you cannot see the in the US.

I am so impressed how fast they are archiving routines.

Reactions: sce
Well, this competition sure seems to be clarifying things. Simone, Laurie(agree, what a night), Aly and Ashton all looked great. Gabby looked a little off, but still think her UB and relative strength across all events plus experience keeps her on the team.(though on a side note, can see her possibly not doing UB in qualifying, letting Laurie and Aly battle it out for the second USA AA spot, but could go up in team final) Only changes for me are who I would pick as alternates:

Simone
Aly
Laurie
Gabby
Ashton

Alternates
MyKayla
Amelia
Alyssa (can't remember if they pick 2 or 3, so I'm picking 3 since I can't decide)

I agree about Ragan, she's my dd's favorite too. She had a rough night, hopefully it was just nerves, but I'm worried with such a huge talent pool this year that it may have really hurt her chances of making the team or alternate.

Laurie Hernandez showed up and showed out! She is really doing well for a first year senior. I think she's looking very well to get a spot now and honestly if she could stick it out a little longer after the Olympics, I think she has the potential to be even better.

That was an almost disastrous floor routine from Ragan. Going out of bound with both feet on the first pass could be overlooked(at least that's an improvement to almost putting her hands down at last meet she did floor). But she completely botched that second pass. I'm not sure anything short of beating Simone at trials would put her on the team(though could still be in the mix for alternate).

I agree about Ragan, she's my dd's favorite too. She had a rough night, hopefully it was just nerves, but I'm worried with such a huge talent pool this year that it may have really hurt her chances of making the team or alternate.

Laurie Hernandez showed up and showed out! She is really doing well for a first year senior. I think she's looking very well to get a spot now and honestly if she could stick it out a little longer after the Olympics, I think she has the potential to be even better.

If she's having errors due to nerves at a national level meet, that would really (if I were picking the team) have me concerned about her being able to handle the pressure at the Olympic level. Maybe she just needs 4 more years. She'd be barely 20 then...

I am so happy for Laurie! I really want her on the team. I am bummed for Reagan and I'm really curious about Maggie. A team of Simone, Aly, Gabby, Laurie and Maggie could be great.

If she's having errors due to nerves at a national level meet, that would really (if I were picking the team) have me concerned about her being able to handle the pressure at the Olympic level. Maybe she just needs 4 more years. She'd be barely 20 then...
Puma Jr is a huge Ragan fan. But I agree....with us being so stacked, maybe 2020 is her time. But aren't they going down to FOUR then?! Uggg!!!

I was sad about Ragan, too. She's so talented and had been doing so well but had a rough time last night.

Unfortunately I think maybe Maggie and Ragan are both out where I think they had a decent chance before. It will be interesting to see how Sunday and the Trials go. I would think Aly, Simone, Gabby and Laurie are pretty much a lock for the team.

But, you just never know....

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News