Waverley VS NCE (HPC) Victoria

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

NCE only teaches elite. All gymnasts are on the international pathway. Meyou must be selected to attend this gym at all and if your gymnast does not continue to meet the requirements they will no longer have a spot. Waverley is a gymnastics club that offers the international pathway, but they also offer national and recreational gymnastics.

I know the difference between the two clubs, and Waverleys international stream is exactly the same process and coaching as NCE. I was more wanting feedback about their ways, maybe from parents who have children their or alike.
Thanks

Tbh if your little one gets into a hpc atm take it but from talk around the traps hpc are under the pump because we don't have a booth at the Olympics so expect a very pressured environment.

I think it is "interesting" that WAG high performance training was decentralised from Canberra, yet it is centralising again by stealth, with VIS becoming NCE... You're really forced to move to Melbourne now, if you want to be even looked at by the powers that be. (Or be in WA.)

Systems exist to allow kids from other states to be fairly considered as well.

I agree! And am starting to wonder if there is any point in being anywhere other than NCE... The pressure is on!! Which is a good and bad thing!! They will be wanting to be seen to be producing Olympic ready athletes and I'm sure will have the first picks from these kids that are at both NCE Melbourne and NCE WA!!

And from what I understand a lot of WAIS coaches are away in Melbourne prepping the 'team' in hope of an Olympic berth.

It seems that unless these girls are Olympic ready then funding could be cut to their program.. So, might be a good idea for some, but a lot of pressure for others!

Something has not gone to plan but we could see this at China vs Australia here in Perth...I strongly doubt we will medal which will be sad for the program

Something has not gone to plan but we could see this at China vs Australia here in Perth...I strongly doubt we will medal which will be sad for the program

We will NEVER match up to China!!! Ever!!!!
I think we might need to take a gamble on the younger gymnasts for the test event in Rio. Look at some of the rising (turning 16 next year) girls.. We have nothing to lose really!!!!!

The current system isn't working, with the limited funding it has. It is extremely likely that with a lack of results (or perhaps even qualification to the 2016 Olympics) that funding will be even further cut. For those programs which are significantly funded by government money, that's going to be harsh. While it may mean that privately funded programs come more to the fore, that's not necessarily a good thing, because they're not producing great results either.

Some of the progressions in IL are just wrong, particularly vault. Why do they do practically the same vault (IL7 and IL8) for two years running? Why not dispense with one, and move onto something else harder, sooner?

Why do we stick with one bar until IL10? Why not add the second bar in sooner? Is it any wonder that the bars scores and the difficulty values drop so significantly at this level?

Big changes must be made or we're never again going to be competitive.

However, I despair for the changes that are going to be made to the various floor routines over the next few years. Seeing what they've done to the dance in the new NL routines, are we going to have "jazz hands" and inarticulate rolling around the floor in every routine? Yuck, yuck, yuck. We need better, cleaner, and more attractive choreography taught to the girls from a young age. The Netherlands managed to qualify to the Olympics already, not with high difficulty, but with doing what they do well, and *beautifully*!

Please GA, help our girls out. Changes for the better must be made.

Tbh if your little one gets into a hpc atm take it but from talk around the traps hpc are under the pump because we don't have a booth at the Olympics so expect a very pressured environment.
It is business as usual in elite track programs. There is no way our experienced coaches will suddenly put extra pressure on gymmies years out from possible selection to represent Austalia!

And am starting to wonder if there is any point in being anywhere other than NCE... The pressure is on!! Which is a good and bad thing!! They will be wanting to be seen to be producing Olympic ready athletes and I'm sure will have the first picks from these kids that are at both NCE Melbourne and NCE WA!!

The selection process starts mid IL levels with initially team future camp then team future advance camp ( top 20 12-14 year olds in the country ).

The gymnasts are selected via competition preformance ( not just placings but after scrutiny of their comp videos) & ideal skills results.
The gymnasts are from many programs in different states.
So until junior level there is no bias for where a gymnast trains.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back