Parents We have a level!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Bean came home from gym yesterday with good news and bad. Good news: she had her beam routine choreographed. Bad news, the skills included are for level 8. So, although no ones come right out and said it, it's a safe bet that level 8 it is!

She loves her routine, but the excitement was slightly clouded by the level. She worked SO hard this summer trying to get her level 9 skills, but there are a few that just haven't come together in time. Possibly they would be here by December, but her coaches want her to have a season of confidence and less stress, since last season she fought for her giant for awhile, and then broke her toe twice, missing about 10 weeks of full training.

So the skills in the routine are, pike press mount (almost like last year, but directly into the hold), BHS, BHS connected, Back Tuck, switch split, split jump connected and RO layout full for the dismount. Plus all the cutsy dance moves and poses, lol. She's disappointed that she can't use her front or side ariels (apparently they're D's, and restricted?) she was so eager to show them off!

The good news for me is, no more stress of wondering which level, and a whole lot less scary to watch;) I am NOT ready to see that shootover to handstand thingy on bars without a coach beside her, lol!

At least you know now! Our gym doesn't finalize Optional levels until October 1st! (I know Beth will be a level 8 though--she wasn't trying for 9). Bean should have an awesome level 8 year. I'll have to ask Beth what's in her beam routine. For some reason I though back tuck wasn't allowed anymore at level 8--but that's probably just for the US only.

That is going to be an awesome beam routine, can't wait to see it. In the full knowledge that Bean will do L9 next year, you had said in previous post, this is probably the best choice. She really didn't get to enjoy all the fruits of her labours last year with her badly timed broken toe. She deserves to be very succesful and go onto provincials and Easterns. Start saving now! Any idea where Easterns are this Year?

It is clear that her coaches know exactly what they are doing with her and have a clear plan to pace her, to push her too hard could change that path and ruin all the great potential she has to succeed. They know that there is plenty of time in the Canadian system for her to go higher. Just look at the Canadian juniors who were in the spotlight very young, where are they now?

BT is totally L8 here, but Ontario levels are not the same as US and L8 here is a bit tougher than L8 USAG. It is also a bonus based system which is why we will see a range of skills, using FIG scoring.

Wow, her beam routine sounds awesome! I can't wait to see it. Sorry to hear that she is a bit disappointed about competing L8 instead of L9, but she will have a fantastic year this year and will be super confident of everything! Plus mom does not have to be scared! That shootover looks quite scary to me - even worse than a single bar release. With another year to work on L9, she will be ready to rock next year.

Meg

Bean will have a fantabulous season this yr! Her skills for L8 are already mastered, so she can just go out and perform and enjoy the moment. :D

That beam routine sounds awesome!!! I think Bean will find that level 8 was the right choice for this year, and she will have a great season! And then next year she will be an OUTSTANDING level 9!
What is she planning for the other events?

Wow! Bean's beam routine sounds awesome! I'm sure the dance moves will be beautiful as well! She will rock at level 8! As previously mentioned start saving for Easterns now!

Yay! I know she will have a great L8 season and be geared up and ready for an amazing L9 season next year. Those tricks are so difficult, I think it is super important for them to really have them solid. Can't way to see her this year!!

That sounds like an awesome beam routine. I look forward to seeing the videos. Good luck in L8, I am sure she will rock it!!

Thanks for all the encouraging words! I hope no one mistook my statement about good news vs bad news the wrong way. I was quoting her phrasing of the announcement. I couldn't be more happy with her placement and progress. My excitement was only slightly toned down because of the disappointment in her face. I go a teeny bit "momma bear" when my daughter has any damper on her happiness, lol;)

I can't wait to see her strut her stuff and perform her routines this season. I don't know what she's doing on the other apparatus, but I'll ask.

Oh, and to those of you who mentioned Easterns, I've been told they're in Ontario this year, so if she made it, much less expense. I certainly don't expect her to, we'd be thrilled just to make it through the season injury free. Either way we might go, she has some phenomenal team mates who will likely make it!

Great that Easterns are close to home, fun to go and watch and cheer the club even of Bean doesn't get there this year.

I totally agree with the injury free thing, you know my oldest kid eh?

I thought the tuck on beam was a Level 9 skill. From the way parents are talking at our gym their girls can't incorporate them till then. Best of luck hope your dd has an awesome season

Thanks for the good luck, we'll take all we can get! We're in Canada, so our levels are slightly different. I don't know what's allowed in the States, I think I read no C's?

It's probably best to trust your coaches for guidance in regards to skills:)

Cheers!

That beam routine sounds awesome!!! I think Bean will find that level 8 was the right choice for this year, and she will have a great season! And then next year she will be an OUTSTANDING level 9!
What is she planning for the other events?

Jfish,

Bean's floor has only 2 passes. RO, BHS, 1 1/2 or double. (not sure yet as the double isn't consistant) 2nd pass, front tuck through to LO full. She'll also have her popa (sp?) full turn, and she thinks a switch ring.

Bars is supposed to be kip, hs 1/2, free hip to hs, sole circle, jump to high bar, kip, cast to hs, giant, giant, double back.

Lastly, vault will be a piked tsuk.

Oh, and I was told to add full turn for beam:) Apparently I'm a forgetful old lady:rolleyes:

Glad to hear you finally got an answer....she is going to be awesome this year!!!!! As far as the back tuck...last year the level 8's could do it....but with the changes this year it is not allowed... Jordan was sad....they have been working on them way long ago and she was excited to finally get to do it. LOL..... I was also wondering about the double dismount of bars? she has been doing them alot..and I didn't know if they will get to do them this year or are they just planning ahead for level 9 the following year/????? anyone know?????

Awesome! Bean is going to be so solid this year, really get to shine, and have a fantastic time! Even though she's a tad bit disappointed at the L8 placement, I'm sure it'll make her even stronger! Watch out, Canada! :)
(BTW, we all have "mama/papa bear" moments. No need to explain. :) )

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back