WAG We have grips......that are still too big, I'm afraid!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

GYM0M

Proud Parent
ImageUploadedByChalkBucket1424456612.776940.jpg

These are DD brand new grips. Bulldog, kipper, size 0. They are still way too big, right? She says they feel better than the others that she has tried. Any suggestions on some that fit even smaller??

Yup..... too big. IMO. She shouldn't be able to straighten her hand all the way with the grips on. Maybe try either hotshots or gecka/pixie grips from ten.o?

We were having trouble finding grips that fit too. I had to keep paying for shipping, etc. for each pair I sent back. I finally figured out that some companies sell them on Amazon too and I could use Prime to get them quickly with free shipping and to return them easily.

We use Ginnasta brand. They have videos on how to measure for an accurate size. They also sell narrow grips. Both of my girls prefer the narrow because they feel they have a better grip on the bar. They sell 000 and up. The leather is already broken in so there is very little break in time. Its the only kind my girls like- we went through a lot of brands before finding them

we did pixie grips at 9 and 10 and this year moved to Millenium hot shots double buckle with leather cuff. She is 11 and 75 lbs and 5' tall. She wore pixie 0 and 1, now is a 0 is hot shots.
We've gotten lucky and measuring worked. We also tried on friends grips to make sure we liked the brand before me switched (she just put them on, didn't use them). Her 0 pixie's had stretched out over the year she used them, so that they were pretty similar to her new size 1's when we got them. IMO these already broken in soft leather grips only last a year (at least for us) - so new pixie's each year. Her hot shots are looking good still.

My dd is hard headed. The coach ordered these for her. She cannot connect her Giants in them yet. She says that they bunch up? She's still getting used to grips period, but she says these feel better than any others. I might order a 00 and sneak it in for her to try......

If they bunch up they are probably too big. Try the 00, maybe even the 000.

Her hands are tiny! My hands are also naturally tiny I think we use gibson, but my coach doesn't stress about them until we start working towards optional (which seems like your DD is since she is working giants). I would try those, and grips can last up to 4 years to half a season depending on how much bars you do.

Grip lock? This is the first time I ever heard this. I just ordered my dd US glove 000 her hand measured 4 1/2. Now, I'm worried about this grip lock.

Grip lock? This is the first time I ever heard this. I just ordered my dd US glove 000 her hand measured 4 1/2. Now, I'm worried about this grip lock.
Well grip lock is when the leather near your fingers and the leather near your wrist touch causing it to "lock" in place. Could cause breaks and stuff, very scary. Though I haven't heard of too many cases. Just make sure she can't touch the leather together when her hand is on the bar. Anyways good luck.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back