Weekly accomplishements

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I got my jump to high bar!:hyper: This might not seem like much, but it was a lost skill, and one that's been a real mental roadblock for months. :cloud9:

last week (it is only tuesday of this week) i did my (ugly) full off the tumble trak for the 1st ltime...YEA!
my next weeks goal is to get my full tighter, do my bwo's on high beam...and higher flyaways and to not balk on vault every time!! haha

I'm so HAPPY!!!!!!!! Tonight I did my bhs on the high beam for the first time!!!!!! The mats were stacked up so it was like a low beam, but still! I did them all by myself, and they were so much LESS SCARY than BWOs!!!!!:cloud9::bouncy::D :beam:

I only do rec so hardly any advanced skills ;) But this week I was working round off-backflick on floor not tumble track with a spot, and half on half off vault :)

Hopefully next week round off-backflick on floor with no spot, then maybe adding back tuck on the end with spot on tumble track :) But if not, full floor routine and barani off trampette ready for a competition :D

I love knowing what other people practisee :)

Regained some composure/confidence in relation to cartwheels on high beam (I straddled it hard twice last week).

Improved dance on beam and floor.

Middle splits only 2 inches off floor.

Front handspring on floor has an actual rebound now.

Long-hang kips more consistent, straight-armed.

Started working BWOs on high beam without spot. (With sting mat over beam, but that was for the other girl and doesn't do much.)

Front handspring on vault...well...I did them. Not much better.

roundoffs on the low beam - finally managed to get my second foot on. for some reason that was incredibly hard for me to grasp;)

tried front fulls with mixed success...overall i kind feel like ive reached a point where its really hard to move forward with the training i have access to

i finally got my backhandspring!!!!!!
i was so happy about that coz i was blocking really bad. It was really frustrating

i also got my 1 1/2twist back
and 2/1 foward:)

I made a lot of little backward progress recently...but I just need to refocus and heal my broken foot so I can totally pwn in two weeks when I get back from vacation. Stopped working BWOs on high beam w/o spot...but it's a mental problem and it's not too bad, so I know I can do it. I can't stay on when I get my feet on, but right now I just need to work on getting hands and at least one foot.

MADE (bad) CLEAR HIP CIRCLE!!!

Made standing back tucks...on tramp.

Connected long hang kip to long hang pullover.

This week i got my flyaway on bars woooo and i got my backtuck rlly good on floor i also did my punch front on floor by myself!!!!!
Next week i have to get the front handspring pass in the level 6 routine and i have to get the very first part of the bars routine (dont know wat its called) and by the way on the bar thing if anyone has any drills or nything for that its welcomed and i also have to get my back walk over by myself on high beam i am very scared of that!!!:confused::D:confused::D:confused::D I need drills on those skills!!!

hmm. this week on beam, i worked a bhs-bhs on low beam but the two feet bhs's not stepouts. i also have been working switch leaps on beam because i cannot do them for my life. on bars i have been working shootovers and clear hip to handstand. vault, idk how to spell it but eurchanco timers

I have many been working on perfecting skills for the summer season but I did my first double double on the floor (double twisting, double back tucked) by myself! I had a coach standing there but I was so happy! I really want to compete it this seasonn, but I don't think I will be able to because they are very unconsistent. Congrats everyone on the new skills!

i had a really good week i got my front and back walkover and my front handspring and i stuck lots of handstands and cartwheels on beam

So, this week was our first proper week back (as in back in our gym instead of the ****ty small place we went to over summer hols) - the power events have definitely suffered but otherwise I feel like I'm in pretty good shape. Did front full into the pit, can to consistent front halfs. tried back twisting again for the first time in 3 years. which doesnt really work well so far but I always need some time with those kinda things (bad airsense!).
my casts on bars where surprisingly nice, swings and clear hips still feel weird though, after only working a metal bar for the past 6 weeks. vault, I only did timers, but seems like a year of not doing handspring entries has fixed my technique a bit:D beam - well. I'm scared of roundoffs half the time. its annoying. but ill get there, im sure.

This week I hope to move my bhs on beam from the regular high beam, to the competition height beam. There isn't much of a difference, just a couple inches, but my mental brain is making it seem more like a couple of feet! Urg. My other goal for the week is to get my giant without any spot at all, so I can start doing giant-flyaways withing the next week or two. Well, that's about it. Good luck to everyone.:)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back