Parents well it looks like we might scratch beam at state

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Emily is once again going mental on the BW on Beam. She lost it after Thankgiving thanks to a break and then had a private last Friday and got it back and then had it Monday but then we had a snowday on Tuesday and well tonight she lost it again. Ugh.... At least she has scored out of level 6 once and maybe if she gets all her skills she can move to level 7 but we will probably be repeating level 6 next fall regardless and maybe we will move to 7 for the winter season but I don't know.
Emily competes Saturday night at 5 something and Madison competes Sunday morning.
This skill is so frustrating because she does the most beautiful beam routine and tonight her split leaps on beam were 180 and just gorgeous but it doesn't do any good if she can't get over the mental block and go for the BW.
On the positive, her baby giant on bars tonight was the best I have ever seen it. One thing about nerves and adrenaline and gymnastics... it is awesome for Vault and Bars but can be killer for beam...
So I am hoping for super energy and high cast bars:)

Reactions: COz
Would her coach be willing to just stand next to her on beam @ that point in the routine, or spot so she doesn't have to scratch? I don't think there is a deduction as long as the coach does not touch her. Or is she just completely baulking?

I am sorry she is struggling with this.

Poor Emily that is so tough. Have they thought of her trying the back extension roll instead, it is allowed for sure and some girls just have a really hard time with the bwo and yet move on to BHS with no issues.

Sending her some good meet karma. She's gonna nail that vault and bars!

Oh no! She did such a beautiful job on beam @her last meet! I am sending some confidence fairies her way! I am not looking forward to the dreaded bw next yr at all.

Beam fairies coming!! I hope she has the confidence to do them--sounds like she has a beautiful routine, if she goes for it.

Yikes! Sending those beam fairies your way! I betting she rocks bars and vault and won't want to not compete beam so she'll go for it! Good luck!

Poor thing! That BW is a monster for alot of girls isn't it. Sending all the beam fairies you need and some "I can do this" fairies as well!! I hope she does not have to scratch at the meet!!

I'm so sorry that Emily is having issues with that darn backwalkover. It is so tough to watch the girls go through a mental block. Frustrating for them and for us! Good luck to both your gymmies at State. Will send you some BWO/Mental toughness fairies to help her through it

Sorry to hear she is having issues with the BWO again. Sending Emily and Madi both tons of good luck fairies and wishes for their State Meet! Hope they have a great time! Can't wait to hear all about it.

Sending beam fairies your way! I really hope she doesn't have to scratch beam because of this fear. She has such a gorgeous beam routine! Good luck to both your girls at State!

Meg

sending the beam fairy your way - Beetle doesnt need hers at the moment.

I hope the adrenline of an upcoming meet helps her over come the block. Is it just on High beam? or is she balking on low beam too?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back