Parents Well that's a little scary

• Thread starter Deleted member 18037
  • Start date

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

That is very weird freak accident. Sounds like the doctors can't quite fathom how it happened either. What a great little kid though , wishing her and her family all the best for the future.

Oh gosh, I'll say this sounds terribly sad, but I can't hardly ever bear to read/watch these. It breaks my heart, and the. only makes me feel that much more overprotective.

It's horrible that this happened, but from the sound of it that little girl is likely to inspire a lot of people who are having difficulty coping with similar injuries.

USAG recommends against bridges and back bends for children under 5 (some places I read "5 and under"). Probably not specifically for this reason, but it is generally considered to put the child at high risk for long term spinal damage.

And ... Dunno would freak.

Yep, read the story yesterday. Sure does put a lot into perspective(especially for us). Hopefully, the girl will fully recover. Many prayers for her and her family. Becuase it doesn't only affect her, but the entire family.

I saw this yesterday too. Surely a freak thing, but a good word of caution. Cute little girl. Hope she continues to recover and move forward.

Articles like this I won't read.
No, not ignorant. Well aware of the potential injuries....but just not one to click on this stuff. It's real enough for me and ****ing scary enough just watching her without looking at freak injury articles. And my dd is nowhere near the advanced levels of optionals.

Right now I am thinking back fondly of the level 2 skills. Dang, this sport raises the bar so fast....:confused::eek::oops:

So glad she is doing better but it still scares the heck out of me! My oldest did a headstand on the couch a few months ago, the pillow had moved and she sit her spine hard on the board supporting the couch back. It took a few minutes before she would move her toes. Those were a LONG few minutes. Ultimately, she was just bruised and sore.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back