MAG Well they apparently got kicked out of State meet too!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics

ArmyMom

Proud Parent
So remember when I posted how the older level 8’s & 9’s got the boot from Region 3 Regionals championship? Well as I went to the Texas State meet site and just happened to look at the age groups guess what I saw... Texas BOOTED those age groups from th State Meet too! UGH! What next?

Attachments

• 819FBBA8-86C4-4610-8A61-B2D92674BE2D.png
    819FBBA8-86C4-4610-8A61-B2D92674BE2D.png
    57.3 KB · Views: 105
This is sooo wrong. I cannot believe it. I am so sorry :( USAG set those....states should follow them.

You would think but from what I am hearing they can make this choice as they please.... sucks though

I don't get it? What is JD and JE? How does this say they are not having older age groups?

MAG is age limited at optional levels. YOu have nationals ages, and then older ages.

Level 8 nationals age is 12...older is 13-14
L9 Nationals: 13-14, older 15-16
L10 15-19.

That is JO. JE is the elite path. For that path, you can be 11 yo at L8 but the rest are teh same. JD is Junior Development. It is a level for kids that are late starters, want less hours, or maybe are too old for the level they could be successful at. Ages at JD are 11-14 adn 15-19.

If you are 13, you can be a compulsary gymnast, or L8, 9 or JD.
At 15, you can be compulsary, or 9,10, JD.
At 17..compulsary, 10 or JD.

USAG says that boys at the older ages of L8 and 9 should go to state and regionals. Texas and R3 have gone against this and are saying that they cannot.

Confused more?

I have a question. Prior to 2016, when there were not any upper level age restrictions for optional JO levels, were there such age restrictions for JE levels?

Reactions: sce

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back