Parents Well we got back from LO Camp yesterday

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

and dd got her flyaway, vault over the vault table, kip, did 3 clear hip circles :crossingfingers: learned the dead cow, front tuck dismount off beam and her back tuck on floor. Now I hope she keeps them. They said her kip will come and go for a while until she is consistant in her timing but she knows the positions and has excellent form and is strong enough to do them. She met Annia Hatch and loved her. We are so glad to be home though. I drove the whole way there and the whole way back so that was my milestone :D it was a 9 hr trip each way.:eek:

Oh and she got her first rip too:(

Last edited:
Wow!!! Well first off, congratz to her on getting all those skills! Yes, sadly her kip will not be consistant for the 1st time. As she gets stronger and her body remembers the move she will start to get it more and more. 9 hour trip??! I would of died in that car:p. And 1st rip? A lot of 1sts. Hope she had lots of fun!

How old is she and what level? Hearing everyone going and coming back from LO is getting me excited for my DD and I to go. She is 7 and a level 4, I will be nurse for the week.

Barb

Glad you had an awesome time and dd got so many skills!! Our kids seemed to have the "post camp blues" for the 1st practice or so------the coaches were getting just a little tired of hearing how much fun it was at camp:) The hc who went with them did come back and updated the other coaches on what each girl was working on at LO, so they just continued alot this past week. Her regular coach was quite impressed with her bail on "real bars"(she is spotting her too). I think its great that the progress made at camp is not lost now that they're back.

Huge congrats on the kip!!!!!!!

Wow!!! Well first off, congratz to her on getting all those skills! Yes, sadly her kip will not be consistant for the 1st time. As she gets stronger and her body remembers the move she will start to get it more and more. 9 hour trip??! I would of died in that car:p. And 1st rip? A lot of 1sts. Hope she had lots of fun!

I think I did. I think my brain ate its self too,:p I am so tired I cant even focus it on much of anything

How old is she and what level? Hearing everyone going and coming back from LO is getting me excited for my DD and I to go. She is 7 and a level 4, I will be nurse for the week.

Barb
She is a 10 yr old level 4 (shes been a 4 for 3 yrs) so this will be her first season as a lvl 5 this fall.

I stayed in the cabin as a mini mom with dd. Be sure to bring a fan for her cabin because they are expecting it to get pretty warm and to cut down on noise (those darn big kids and the skaters dont go to bed very early) and its hard for the younger ones to get to sleep with all that racket.

Bring an umbrella just in case.
The last 2 friday nights it has poured during the exhibition performance

Glad you had an awesome time and dd got so many skills!! Our kids seemed to have the "post camp blues" for the 1st practice or so------the coaches were getting just a little tired of hearing how much fun it was at camp:) The hc who went with them did come back and updated the other coaches on what each girl was working on at LO, so they just continued alot this past week. Her regular coach was quite impressed with her bail on "real bars"(she is spotting her too). I think its great that the progress made at camp is not lost now that they're back.

Huge congrats on the kip!!!!!!!

Our hc is staying there until wed,so our level 10 (whojust graduated from hs ) who has been coaching at LO
there for the last month,got coach of the week wk 2) will be doing dds practices this week.so she already knows what they were doing. Which is really good.

Great to hear about the wonderful camp experience!

My DD normally goes to Owen during that week, but this year her gym changed weeks and now isnt going until August.

She cant wait.. she is jealous of all the girls just getting back from camp!

Great to hear about the wonderful camp experience!

My DD normally goes to Owen during that week, but this year her gym changed weeks and now isnt going until August.

She cant wait.. she is jealous of all the girls just getting back from camp!
Thank you!! I cant imagine what she could have learned if she had been there 2 weeks like some of the girls do:)
I think we have 2 girls that couldnt go last week. one because of a broken foot and the other developed pneumonia a few days before we were supposed to leave so they will be going later. I think our level 10 will be back there coaching again week 7 and 8.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back