WAG We're going to have a new gym!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

catou

Coach
So excited! As many of you know, many gyms in canada aren't private and are non profit organizations, which mean a lot of clubs train in high school gymnasiums. I'm lucky to coach in one of the biggest clubs in my city, but still, it's pretty small compared to a lot of gym in the us.

Today our city announced that they are going to build 2 gyms in the city. For one of them, the one that will replace the one I'm actually coaching at, will be more than 3 times bigger than the one we have now! An investment of 8,5 millions $!

Some clubs are going to fusion, to create a unique big club... Looks like I'm not done coaching :D

I think it's only the city and what we call a commission scolaire, which is kind of an organization regrouping primary and high schools. The new gymnasium will also be used for acrobatic skiers and divers. They are supposed building it in the beginning of 2014 :)

Congrats!!! I saw it on the news at 6 and I got so excited when I heard, they never ever talk about gymnastics and now this, it's great! Did you actually get to meet the mayor?
Also, I heard it through the grapevine that the second one that they haven't announced yet (the one to the west) may be very close to where I am - we have a good idea of which one it'll be and I'm hoping we're right, but we'll see, I can't wait until they announce it :D Congrats again, enjoy the new, 8-million dollar equipment!!! I'm thrilled for you guys!

I haven't met the mayor, saturday is the rec classes day and I'm only coaching a cr3 group. (We have over 500 gymnasts, so the gym gets so much crowded !, I'm happy to coach only one day at the same time as rec classes). I'm curious to know where the second one will be? They only said west in the news but it isn't that precise lol. We are suppose to have a meeting about the new gym in a week... I'll probably know more by then.

Think west of the historical center and the malls and there aren't a whole lot of gyms left ;) But again, it's just a rumour/a guess and nothing is official yet, so we'll see.

I did think it was funny because the "competitive gymnasts" they were interviewing on the news looked suspiciously like preschool rec kids, but oh well, they couldn't realistically show comp kids if they weren't even at the gym today, and it's not like most people would even see the difference! I'm just happy that gymnastics was featured at all :)

So, that's the place I was also thinking! There wasn't any competitive gymnast interviewed, but most of the coaches you saw are actual gymnasts!

Can't wait to see the plans!

Catou I am so happy for you, and your club. It is a huge deal to get a gym like that. To be involved at the beginning will be awesome. Very happy for you. But frankly your gym must love having you to coach, you care so much and are so eager to learn.

Thank you so much bogwoppit! I hope my gym also love what I do... We do get good comments from the parents and the gymnasts, would like some times to hear more of them from the head coach and the other more experienced coaches. But that's another subject. ;) As long as the kids are happy and progressing, I'm happy too!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back