Parents We're going to States!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

N

nettyinpa

Hi everyone,

I've been kind of AWOL the last couple of weeks. So much has been going on. Olivia has officially made the switch to the new gym. She is so happy. The one thing I do notice about her is that she doesn't come out of practices looking like she's been beat up! Her ankle is much better, too, so we're thankful for that.

Anyway, we had our Sectional meet this weekend. They needed a 32.00 to qualify to states. This was a very emotional weekend for me because 1.) DD was competing 2.) With the new gym and against the old gym!! :eek: It was so nerve racking because I wanted to cheer for her new team and her old team, which I did. There were a couple girls on her old team that towards the end needed like an 8.5 on vault and they pulled out 8.7's!!!

Olivia's new team started on floor. She did okay, still not her best event, only scored a 7.85. Next on to vault. Again, keep in mind, she's been injured and has only been practicing vault for a week. Wasn't terrible, wasn't great ~ scored an 8.15. Okay, on to bars. This has been her nemisis for the last 2 seasons. At her old gym she never got the connection on the low bar, up to her squat on, without putting in an extra cast. Well, guess what? :confused: She did it!! The first time ever in a meet. I almost cried. She scored an 8.35, her best bar score this season. On to beam. She had to score 7.7 or higher on beam to qualify. The same situation happened at Level 5 sectionals last year, she only needed an 8.05 but she fell and scored a 7.65. Well, level 6 is a better year. She scored a 9.0!!! Good enough for 4th place! :D OMG, I though my heart was going to burst. I was so excited and proud when they called her name I forgot to pick up my camera!! Her AA score was a 33.30. Yeah!

Needless to say, we made the right move in changing gyms. She has come so far in the last 2 weeks. Now on to 2 more awesome weeks of practice before states!!

Thanks for reading!

Congratulations. That must be quite a relief, just to get over the first meet competing against her old team. Good luck to her at state.

NOw that is a wonderful meet report and a great gym change story. SO glad that you survived the first meet against your old club and Olivia now knows that she can do it!

Awesome! Congratulations to Olivia and good luck at States! Great to hear that the move to the new gym is working out so well.

That is fantastic and she must be thrilled :) So happy for her that it worked out and we wish her the best at states!

What a great post and a great story! So happy for the switch being awesome and for her awesome performance AND for her going to states! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!:D

Well I am so happy that she had a great meet and qualified! I am glad that she was able to compete with the new gym and move forward and she was able do this inspite of her injuries! My daughters teammates competed in sectionals this weekend also they all did very well also everybody had a good weekend, I heard the judging was tough too! My daughter was alittle sad that she was unable to compete but she is hoping to make it to level 5 states in 3 weeks. Good Luck to your daughter at states!

I was looking at the scores yesterday and I saw Olivia got a 9.0 on beam. I was so happy for her. This is the same girl that struggled so long for the BWO! Way to go...

What great news! I know you were a little hesitant to make the change with sectionals and states looming----so pat yourself on the back for making the move when you did. Certainly sounds like dd did well and is happy and getting healthy. What more can you ask for?

Where is the video???? Would love to see it!

I have them at home. I'm such a putz. Didn't clean off my disk ahead of time, video taped everything but it cut off halfway through her beam routine!! I was so mad. But, when I get a chance I'll bring them in anyway and upload them.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back