WAG Western Cape gyms

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Tmacs

Proud Parent
Does anyone know of good gyms in the Western Cape South Africa that would be willing to train a visiting (beginner) gymnast for 2 months? We are thinking about a sabbatical there but don’t want her to fall behind in training (US level 3/4).

Where in the Western Cape? Cape Town or somewhere else? I can find out from our coaches. US level 3/4 would be about 4/5 here.

Where in the Western Cape? Cape Town or somewhere else? I can find out from our coaches. US level 3/4 would be about 4/5 here.
Yes. Cape Town. Sorry. I think we will be either in Ixia or Somerset West... near relatives. My 8 year old finished level 2 but has all level 3 skills and may be bumped up b/c of high marks but still not sure.

Ok. There are some clubs in Somerset West area. I will ask our Head Coach whether they can recommend someone.

I just had a look at the Western Cape Provincial Competition results from 2018 (maybe like States in the US although our system is very different). It looks as if Helderberg Gymnastics (in the Somerset West area) is very strong. Placed in the all around top 3 in most of the age groups on all levels where they had gymnasts. Website is down though :rolleyes:.

Our coaches only know the clubs in the Northern suburbs of Cape Town, unfortunately. Maybe ask your relatives to make contact with Herlderberg Gymnastics for you. Good luck!

Our coaches only know the clubs in the Northern suburbs of Cape Town, unfortunately. Maybe ask your relatives to make contact with Herlderberg Gymnastics for you. Good luck!
Thanks! We finalized our plans, contacted them thru FB and we will be in touch when we get there. DD (8) is hysterical about not doing summer training at her home gym. She doesn’t see what an incredible trip/time this will be and with our summer gym break, she’s only missing about 5 weeks. Makes me realize how much she needs this perspective shift.

Glad to hear that you are sorted. Cape Town (and surrounds) is such an incredible place! Hope it lives up to your expectations.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back