what a freaky day

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Well I have had a day and a half.

I am sitting in an internet cafe, using a French only computer (confusing as anything) as my power has been out for 20 hours. We had so much snow last night that the trees couldn bear the weight and there are trees and power lines down all over the place, had to dodge a few on the way to the gym tonight.

Schools were and were not open, buses were and were not open, kids got stranded and buses slid of the roads. We live in a very rural area and kids comute up to 90 mins each way to school, they have had a long day.

My kidss stayed home as when I woke at 6am it was black and we couldn do anything, no water, no heat etc. We got so many calls from folk trying to work out what to do that we just kept the kids home, we kit the fire, played board games and BBQ`hot dogs for lunch. I brought the girls to gym as they needed some crazy time, hubby is driving back from 2 days in Montrel, dodging trees and other crap.

Hoping we get power tonight, but it doesn look good right noow. Kids need showers and so do I. May have to go swim in the river!!!:D

Anyway I have missed you all today, I shall go and read through the threas before I have to go get the girlies and brave the roads again.

Can you BBQ pizza:confused:

Oh wow, bog, you HAVE had a day! How nice of you to check in on us while you were @ the internet cafe! Hope your power comes on right away, so you can live life again!

Please drive carefully , sounds treacherous out there!

Good luck BBQ-ing the Pizza, LOL! ;)

What a bummer:( I pray that your power comes on soon and the snow melts. It is way to early for snow. Oh yeah I am pretty sure you can BBQ pizza.:rolleyes:

JUst got home, 8.15pm, and the power is back on! Yay! I am having a glass of vino, girlies are in their baths and I am here with you.

I just love electricity.

ooohhh - wine sounds good - I don't have as good as excuse as you though - although it was unusually cold today - it only made it into the 50's today by us - I bet you don't have much sympathy though :p

Glad to hear life is getting back to normal for you now.

Wow sounds like that storm WAS bad!
I read an article about it today on yahoo.ca and i was actually wondering if you were affected by it, knowing that you're from Quebec and all. I guess i was right.

I'm glad your power's back on you are all safe! We had a little snow today (barely) for the first time this year, but nothing THAT crazy.

PS. of course you can BBQ pizza! you can BBQ anything! trust me I'v BBQ'd everything imaginable, including cookies during the summer, just so we didn't have to turn the stove on and heat up the house. :p

Yikes! We had some snow up here too, but not nearly as bad! Did you have your delicious BBQ pizza?:D

WOW Bog what a day -

I hope you were able to enjoy an nice WARM shower and a nice HOT dinner !!!

it was cold her too, about 50 - but again not that bad. Although I did go w/ DD on her field trip and we had to eat lunch OUTSIDE on the grass. That was not fun, too cold to picnic at least !!

That is a crazy day! I'm glad the power finally went back on! We become so dependent upon electricty, we don't know what to do with ourselves when it goes out!!!!

Glad you guys braved through it!!!

Well things certainly don't sound dull up there:D
teamdad-albums-level-5-team-2007-08-season-picture1010-funny-polar-bear-pic-img121.jpg

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back