Parents What age does the ups and downs start?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

It was at the end of level 6 when her teammates left and she started traingind for level 7 she was almost 12. It was pure fear which translated into mental blocks also. her coaches were great if not for them I am sure she would have quit. There were patients and very kind to her. For this I am greatful!

I also think getting close to puberty had a ton to do with it. DD has seemed to come out of her 2 yr fog!!

This season DD is competeing 2nd yr of level 8 and is training 9 for next year.....it will take her that long for bars skills. She is lerning to throw a double full and double back for next year. All big skills 2 yrs ago she could not even throw a giant with sucess.

I think gymnasts are all different and some have more issues that others.

Puberty seems to kick in for girls big time and like a fromere team coach told me at the Optional levels we try to learn new skills while keeping the one they have.

i laughed at that comment because it is oh so true for DD.

NGL hope your daughter is okay it is scary to watch my daughter went through a period of crazy BHS when she had her wrist injured I remember telling the coaches do not let her do it if she is going to hurt herself. For the past 2 weeks daughter has been very down worried unable to land her BWO on beam then tonight she comes running out of practice telling me she landed her BWO on beam and did it 20X. You just never know what is going to happen in the gym.

NGL hope your daughter is okay it is scary to watch my daughter went through a period of crazy BHS when she had her wrist injured I remember telling the coaches do not let her do it if she is going to hurt herself. For the past 2 weeks daughter has been very down worried unable to land her BWO on beam then tonight she comes running out of practice telling me she landed her BWO on beam and did it 20X. You just never know what is going to happen in the gym.

We ended up going to open gym the next night and she was fine. She had a few wonky ones here and there, but none that looked scary. The open gym coach said that sometimes she isn't really using her round-off and is just rushing and flipping her backhandspring too quickly.

I can't say that my gymmie has had any real ups and downs yet. She certainly has days that are better than others, but we haven't had anything we really had to "work through" yet. I don't regularly stay to watch her practice anymore, but will pop in occasionally. I've seen her shed a few tears in the gym, but then report to me that she had a fabulous practice. Our gym is extremely laid-back, so I don't think she ever feels much pressure to perform there which certainly alleviates some stress. I'm sure it's just a matter of time before something creeps up...we'll just have to take it as it comes!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back