What are rips?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Rips are like flaps of skin anywhere from pea sized to nickel sized that get ripped off the palm of your hand while swinging in bars. They can hurt because it is leaving a moderate area of broken skin exposed so they tend to burn and bleed.

Rips are like flaps of skin anywhere from pea sized to nickel sized that get ripped off the palm of your hand while swinging in bars. They can hurt because it is leaving a moderate area of broken skin exposed so they tend to burn and bleed.

They're basically blisters that you get on your hands from swinging on bars, then the further friction pops them and pulls most of the skin off. They deffinately hurt!:hot:

you're welcome!

Yes, some people are happy to get their first rips. Now for the life of me I can't imagine why. :rolleyes: I know when I found out what they were(I got six rips my first time =O) I was sort of happy(mostly ow). I've heard some people say "You're not truly a gymnast until you've ripped." lol. I think I put that in the same category as "You're not really a horse rider until you've fallen off seven times!" (advice from the people who've been doing it forever, something that will inevitably happen to you, but not something you really want to experience):p

i can't say i enjoy rips at all. they hurt, they bleed, and they suck when they rip again. i hold on to the bar extremely tightly, so i get more than most people whichsucks! but i don't want to peel off, either. heh.

my friend always gets them right before a meet and they are normall quater size and they bleed alot.

Rips can be really bad, or not bad at all. Usually i get rips that don't rip off very much skin, and they hardly ever bleed. Once you start doing like giants and stuff, then you can get grips, but they don't really help that much. You still get rips with them. So a rip is just when some of the skin on your hand peels off, kind of lilke a blister from shoes. They really aren't that great.

Rips

Rips are the blisters on your hands that pop, they can be anywhere from pea-sized to nickle-sized. Sometimes if you get more than one they will rip the skin between them and yopu'll get one about the size of your palm (not likly but it has happened to someone I know).

Rips are called rips beacause they are where you blisters of skin rip.

Rips are the blisters on your hands that pop, they can be anywhere from pea-sized to nickle-sized. Sometimes if you get more than one they will rip the skin between them and yopu'll get one about the size of your palm (not likly but it has happened to someone I know).

Rips are called rips because they are where you blisters of skin rip.

Yeah i posted this 2 years ago. Now I'm level 4 state and I got my first rips last year on both hands :( I didn't like it

Rips are when you have gotten a blister, then you do bars again and the skin rips further (hence why they call them rips). I used to get rips all the time, about every bars lesson I would rip a new chunk of skin off my hands. I ended up getting grips thinking that they would help but grips don't really prevent rips they just help you to grip the bar. I still got rips in my grips.
I don't know why people would be happy to get rips because when you get rips it really hurts to do bars!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back