Parents What are you getting your gymmie for Christmas??

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnastic flip flops with her name on the soles, a clock for her room, clothing, but the BIG gift is tickets to the Olympic team trials in July 2016. Several of us from our gym are planning on going. It should be a fun time!!!! Can't wait to tell my DD Christmas morning.

DS - 11 - no idea. Probably dragon-related things rather than gym-related things 'cos we've kind of done all that. Maybe new wristguards.

DD - 8 - maybe a floor beam - she doesn't have any scary skills that she could possibly do on it, and I know she will be happy practicing forward rolls etc. And she wants a scooter. And a wolf.
Wolf?!?! Lol

11 year old DD is getting the comforter set that she *really* wanted from Pottery Barn Teen (yeah 2-day sale). Also some new bedroom decor (yay pillows!!), books, locker swag for school, dolphin Lego set, bound journal, Starbucks gift card, movies gift card, hockey tickets (combined both kids;)) new set of PJs/slippers/bizzare hooded wearable blanket (thanks a lot, Justice), a zip hoodie from her gym team, and a couple of new leos. She also really wants a "train insane or remain the same" hoodie, but I've had trouble finding one to fit that is actually cute. And she's drowning in hoodies, so we'll see. ;)

Kids together getting the "authentic" German version of a game we play up north with my grandma, Mensch ärgere Dich nicht. Carrying on tradition.

Dolphin Legos? Need to look those up. I love that your girls are getting the family game, they will always remember that.
Both of my girls will be getting new scooters from grandma, they both need pants that are as long as their actual legs, ankle length has been inching upward with fall growth spurts.

My DD wants pet mice.
Ok, you guys are going to freak and probably kick me off CB, but my kids have pet rats. I thought Puma was insane when he first came up with this idea, but I swear they are the greatest pets! ODD (theater DD these days, I suppose?) wanted a hamster and Puma is the master of research, and he read that hamsters are mean and bite and smell, and rats are better! So far so good! Puma Jr has literally put Mr. Bundles through bar routines on her American Girl Doll gymnastics set, and he doesn't seem phased at all! (Yes, I do tell her to stop lol)I wouldn't even blame him for biting her, but he never has.

Ok, you guys are going to freak and probably kick me off CB, but my kids have pet rats. I thought Puma was insane when he first came up with this idea, but I swear they are the greatest pets! ODD (theater DD these days, I suppose?) wanted a hamster and Puma is the master of research, and he read that hamsters are mean and bite and smell, and rats are better! So far so good! Puma Jr has literally put Mr. Bundles through bar routines on her American Girl Doll gymnastics set, and he doesn't seem phased at all! (Yes, I do tell her to stop lol)I wouldn't even blame him for biting her, but he never has.
Don't worry, you will only get kicked off CB if you are planning on telling us how your 3 year old rats who have just started toddler classes are definitely going elite, and then getting in a fight and hurling insults at those who gently point out that most rats don't go elite and that your plan for a home gym for them is perhaps misplaced. ;):)

Don't worry, you will only get kicked off CB if you are planning on telling us how your 3 year old rats who have just started toddler classes are definitely going elite, and then getting in a fight and hurling insults at those who gently point out that most rats don't go elite and that your plan for a home gym for them is perhaps misplaced. ;):)
Lol!!! Well, they ARE! Mr. Bundles could do a front hip circle at like 6 months old! Haha...oh poor Mr. Bundles...everytime I feel guilty they are riding in a Barbie car or being forced to "hut! hut!" up the stairs, I remember that it's still better than being eaten by a snake, which was their original fate....

Lol!!! Well, they ARE! Mr. Bundles could do a front hip circle at like 6 months old! Haha...oh poor Mr. Bundles...everytime I feel guilty they are riding in a Barbie car or being forced to "hut! hut!" up the stairs, I remember that it's still better than being eaten by a snake, which was their original fate....
Oh dear. Just don't mention the trampoline and ankle weights....:)

Dolphin Legos? Need to look those up. I love that your girls are getting the family game, they will always remember that.

It's called the Lego Friends Dolphin Cruiser - my DD is getting a bit old to "play" with the above, but will love putting it together and displaying it (#dolphinaddicted). Their "Emma's Lifeguard Post" also has an included dolphin. :)

And yes, sadly my grandma isn't doing super well (almost 90, and recently lost her spouse... she's well prepared and very ready to go), so I wanted to start the tradition at home as well while she's still with us, so it's not just a happy/sad memory.

I have no idea. My dd always asks for the same thing: surprises. Makes it easy...yet hard. So far I have got books. She lives for books. Beyond that? Hmmm...

My dd birthday is the week before xmas(joy) so far her list has a dog, cat and a pony in it errr no! She is massively into Lego friends and the litebrix light up Lego which is pretty cool although I literally have a Lego City in my front room she spends all her free time outside gym playing with them so she will get lots of Lego and books loves books as well as arts and crafts she's also into adult colouring books???? I already have a beam that collects dust

Ugh my kids are 13 and 14 and they have toys on their list that they are in imminent danger of outgrowing. I struggle with it because of the waste of money, but I also don't want to send the message myself that they've outgrown them because you only get one childhood. :/

I love the activity route - nothing beats the memories of doing something fun together as a family. This year we are doing the Nutcracker Ballet.

PS my youngest wants a Sugar Glider. Curse the internet.

YG - age 11 is getting an Under Arm our hoodie that actually fits. She is also getting got her clothes and books.

OG - age 14 is getting clothes -skinny jeans and sweat pants and hoodies.

Both girls have grown a lot this year.

DS's birthday is *on* Christmas Day. So for birthday he is getting a bike from us. Christmas will be the VTech Kidizoom Action Cam (kid friendly "go-pro"). From the grandparents- every piece of the nerf modulus line. Half for birthday, half for Christmas. Gymnastics themed t-shirts will be in his stocking.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back