What are you in gymnastics for?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

What are you in gymnastics for? Are you hoping to become elite? Are you hoping to get a college schloarship? What level are you now and how old are you?

Ok so I just turned 14 on Sunday and I am a level 8. I'm not gonna be elite or anything since I only practice 9.5 hours a week. I want to do gymnastics in college but I'm not gonna get a full ride on gymnastics or anything. I started competing level 4 when I was 8. Then I had two years in 5. 1 year in 6. 1 in 7. and I'm going to have at least 2 years in 8. Right now this is my first year.

okay well right now i want a college scholorship and i want to go elite! but the reason im in gymnastics is because i love it. i love to perform, i love to learn new skills, i love working to be the best that i can be, and i love to win (im not one of those crazy people though who are obessed with winning haha, if i don't win then i'll just try harder)

im a level 10/pre-elite and i really want to go elite now

and i just turned 16 last week!

What are you in gymnastics for? Are you hoping to become elite? Are you hoping to get a college schloarship? What level are you now and how old are you?

I'm in gymnastics for the enjoyment of it-it's pretty much always been like that. I love the sport. I may end up getting a scholarship from the YMCA nationals because I'll have been to 3 nationals. I'm a 16 year old level seven and am planning on writing tons of essays to get myself as much money for colleges as possible. My experience in gymnastics and the life lessons I've learned will add to my ability to develop my positive characterisitics.

gymnasticsbabie- haha I like how you said im not one of those crazy people who are obsessed with winning.

I'm not in gymnastics to win or anything or to become elite. but im basically in it because I love it and its my life I love getting new tricks and just practing them and competing lol I think without gymnastics I'd be like really fat and weak and not dedicated to anything.......

Last edited:
I'm in gymnastics for the enjoyment of it-it's pretty much always been like that. I love the sport. I may end up getting a scholarship from the YMCA nationals because I'll have been to 3 nationals. I'm a 16 year old level seven and am planning on writing tons of essays to get myself as much money for colleges as possible. My experience in gymnastics and the life lessons I've learned will add to my ability to develop my positive characterisitics.

I think gymnastics has helped all of us with learning life lessons. Without gymnastics I wouldn't know anything about life...... lol sounds kinda weird but true

I do gymnastics now for the same reason I have since I started at 5 years old; just for the sheer fun of it.

I'm currently preparing to go elite next season, but it's not a goal I've worked towards all my life; I've just stuck with the sport for 16 years and this is where it's taken me.

Im just doing gymnastics for the fun of it. I love it so much and even though im only level 5 i think i couldn't live without it! I look foreward to the next practice the minute after my last practice ended!
Gymnastics has taught me so much!
And i want to continue gymnastics at my LITTLE gym club until i finish high school and then hopefully do college gymnastics. I think my short training hours and small gym has held me back a bit so i can't wait till college gymnastics (and spring floors lol).
Good luck with everything everyone, i hope you all accomplish your goals!

We talked in health class the other day about addiction.

I'm pretty sure we all have addictions to gymnastics and that's why we can't imagine our lives with out it, good and bad.

I have been in gymnastics for 22 years. I started when I was 3. I found that it was a great stress reliever for me. When I was really stressed with school and exams it helped me clear my head and helped me concentrate more when I needed to study.

I just want to compete. I think the highest i'll ever go is level 4 or 5 because i'm a junior in high school already.

So? I didn't make it to level six until I was a freshman in HS. It really doesn't matter how old you are if you want to keep going! :)

Well, im 12 turning 13 soon and i am traing level 7 right now. I absolutly love gym and i am doing it for myself, my old gymmate that was killed and my old coach that past away. I would love to get a scholarship to U of A. But right now i am focusing on level 7 and trying to reach my curerent goals

Well, im 12 turning 13 soon and i am traing level 7 right now. I absolutly love gym and i am doing it for myself, my old gymmate that was killed and my old coach that past away. I would love to get a scholarship to U of A. But right now i am focusing on level 7 and trying to reach my curerent goals

cool! do you want to get a scholarship to university of alabama? there are a lot of U of A's
anyways, you could definetly do it if you are only 12 and a level 7! good luck in the future
:)

U of A as in University of Arizona? Did you go to Tumbleweeds, because I know Kim Bird passed away recently. If he was your coach you were an extremely lucky young lady to have a coach like Kim. He was a very dear friend of mine and I miss him. Its kind of strange going to meets in Arizona this year without his amazing personality there.

We talked in health class the other day about addiction.

I'm pretty sure we all have addictions to gymnastics and that's why we can't imagine our lives with out it, good and bad.

haha pretty much. At my gym when I miss practice the 40 something people in the gym ALL notice im not there! I'm joked as the one that would come to practice on skiis because everything was covered in snow!

I also said im going to be the one skipping the prom to go to open gym. But im sure all my teammates would force me to go to the prom lol

I know! During track, I missed gym fairly often and everyone asked my sister if I quit!

I'm in gym because I just love everything about it, even the bad things. I think it's kind of like a part of me after ten years of it!!!

ad·dic·tion /əˈdɪk
thinsp.png
ʃən/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[uh-dik-shuh
thinsp.png
n]

–noun the state of being enslaved to a habit or practice or to something that is psychologically or physically habit-forming
-A habitual or compulsive involvement in an activity, such as gambling.

I know when I miss a practice or two I could swear I'm going through withdrawal.

i am in gymnastics because i love to compeate and hope to get a fullride so ya i know i won't be an elite but i practice 16.5 hours a week and is going into my second year of level six, ( oh ya not).

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back