Welcome to our Gymnastics Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

what brand of grips do you like best?

• Thread starter back2gymnastics
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

back2gymnastics

Hi all!

Well I'm just starting back in gymnastics in my college's club team. Needless to say, it's been about 10 years since I needed grips, and I need to get some new ones. I don't even remember what brand I used to wear, and really don't know which to buy. I was just wondering what everyone is using and what everyone likes best.

Thanks!

Feb 15, 2007
My daughter's coaches require their team and pre-team girls to wear 10.0 uneven bar grips with the buckles and very thick wrist bands. Their website is www.ten-o.com in case you wanted to check out.

gym law mom

Proud Parent
Dec 23, 2006
Country
USA
My daughter is going through the getting used to grips process. She is learning giants. Most of the girls at the gym wear Ten-0s with dowel. Mine has the velcro closure and so far that hasn't been an issue. As long as she feels pretty good with them, I'll stay with this brand since they are a little pricey to buy multiple pairs just to try.

JBS

Administrator
Staff member
Verified Coach
Proud Parent
Former Gymnast
Sep 3, 2005
Wisconsin
Country
USA
We carry US Glove (maker of Tiger Paws) and English Bulldog at LeotardCrazy.com. Other good brands are Reisport, Baile, and Ten-0.

H

hammy

I personally always used Ten-0 with velcro, i just taped the velcro down at meets just to be safe. I had teammates who used english bulldog and loved them too. It all really depends, but in the long run they're about the same.

JBS

Administrator
Staff member
Verified Coach
Proud Parent
Former Gymnast
Sep 3, 2005
Wisconsin
Country
USA
Any brand of grips can be good or bad. Some leather is just not high enough quality for grips. In the end, it is about quality control. The grips are all about the same. What company has the highest standards for leather? I can't say that anyone is bad, but Mike at US Glove has very high standards for his leather.:thumbsup:

a_gymnast_forever

Feb 17, 2008
Texas
I use bailie double buckle grips. buckle grips are safer. if you weigh more than probably 100 lbs, you shouldn't wear velcro grips. and single buckle grips usually hurt your wrist more.

G

gracefulone

I use "Bare Hands" They feel like you're not wearing anything...because you're not! lol :p I don't wear grips. I've tried it for long periods of time, and always have gone back.

gymgymgymnast08

Proud Relative
Former Gymnast
Dec 8, 2007
Country
USA
I use ten-o idk what the are called like ten o blues or something? They have blue velcro with the red lines goin through it idk i love them but they never stay velcroed bc they are from level 5 and im a level 8 now so i use rubber bands over them but i prob should break in my new grips the same ones but i dont feel like breaking them in yet

B

Beammom

My daughter wears "Just Right" by Gibson. Our coaches order them for the girls.

G

gymnastmom96

My dd is a reisport girl only. I purchased a buckle pair but she refused to wear them. I know this sounds wierd but I think the unwraping/wrapping to adjust the straps has become a type of ritual to her over the years. When the velcro starts to wear out, I just have it replaced.

A

awposey1

My daughter uses Baile's elite brand. She is a hard bar worker and these hold up better than other brands she has used. They have one buckle and one velcro strap.

canadiangymnast_eh

Coach
Coach
Jul 20, 2008
canada!... eh
Country
Canada
my club uses resport and has never had a problem with them. but i would advise getting buckle grips because you dont mess arouns with the velcrow and the velcrow comes undone allot
:bars:

all-aroundgirl

Aug 26, 2008
Texas
We carry US Glove (maker of Tiger Paws) and English Bulldog at LeotardCrazy.com. Other good brands are Reisport, Baile, and Ten-0.
I would defenitly agree, those are really good brands. My aunt :)rolleyes:) bought me some from Nastia Luikin's line (what was she thinking :rolleyes:) and I wear those for practice and once for a meet because I forgot my competition pair. They're my back-up pair. :rolleyes: :D

all-aroundgirl

Aug 26, 2008
Texas
And I would defenitly wear the ones with buckles. I have the double-band strap buckle ones (sorry if that doesn't make sense!) ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.