What camps are you or you DD or DS going to this summer?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

What summer camps are you or your kids going to this summer?
I'm going to Woodward. I don't know what week it is but its June 29- July 5th I think.

Mine will be attending WOGA's competitive team camp. Second week of July, I believe. She's excited--her first time at camp!

We just got back from camp at Elite Gymnastics in Baton Rouge. My daughter had a great time and learned a few things too. I was a room mom, so I was with her for the entire week. She's only 6 1/2 years old, so she didn't want to stay without me (and I didn't want to leave her either!). The camp is only once a year in June (2nd week).

i always wanted to go to IGC (international gymnastics camp) but never did. i went to the IGI camp once. i'm not going anywhere this summer.

My dd will be doing the summer camps at her local gym where she trains for the summer. She will be there all 10 weeks probably (it's a combination gymnastics/crafts/daycamp). I want to hold off one more year before she goes to a sleepaway camp--she is 9 years old and has never been away from home for a whole week by herself.

Last edited:
My dd will be going to the Parkettes Summer Camp in July. She trains there so she'll be going all 4 weeks in July.

Our gym goes to several different camps: PA Woodward, Parkettes, Penn State and IGC. My daughter and about 8 others are going to IGC (different weeks), 2 will go to Parkettes, 3 to Woodward and I haven't heard about PSU yet.

Just got home from woodward.

It AWESOME! My kids had fun and really seemed to get a LOT out of it.

As did I -- I got my double layout off rings and cleaned up my giants a bunch. I can also now consistantly land a triple back on trampoline.

DD went to Olympia for WAG (multisport camp, Ontario, Canada) a couple of years ago and loved it (though her form was an issue back then so she didn't get to work everything she wanted to, plus she was youngest). I have never seen so much spirit anywhere as when we went to pick her up!!! Many girls from her new gym go to Gymrep in Quebec and she is dying to go there next year - the others are there now, but she didn't know she wanted to go until too late. We also know some who have gone to Canadian Adventure Camp (also Ontario) for WAG and loved it. It's great that there are so many choices!!

A large group of girls went to Karolys camp in texas which was amazing and we had the a great experience. We will also be going to IGC later in the summer, we go there every year and love it every time. And last year we also went to Woodward PA, which was exciting!

DD leaves for IGC on Saturday. It will be her second summer there. Unfortunately, she's having problem w/her ankle this week!!!! She's skipping gymnastics practice the rest of the week to try to let that ankle heal! Isn't that always the case?!?! ARGH!!!!

-Lynn

DD leaves for IGC on Saturday. It will be her second summer there. Unfortunately, she's having problem w/her ankle this week!!!! She's skipping gymnastics practice the rest of the week to try to let that ankle heal! Isn't that always the case?!?! ARGH!!!!

-Lynn

Sorry to hear about your daughter's ankle! I hope she's better soon and has a great time at camp.

My DD is not old enough for sleepaway camp yet. Maybe in a couple of years. I've heard good things about Flip Fest in TN and IGC looks good, too.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back