Parents What do you do when?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

M

momofagymmie

A parent speaks loudly enough at the gym so everyone can hear; that his dd had the highest score of all of her teammates?:eek: Is this the sporting way? I didn't say a word. Walked away.

Good for you for showing good sportsmanship. That is just "RUDE". We have a few of those in our gym. The scores speak for themselves. You don't need to do the talking. People like that make me sick. Everyone has their day and one day their child isn't going to be on top and they are going to feel pretty low.

I just remember the golden rule. :)

Well done, you did the right thing. That father obviously has no idea about team spirit in the gym. It just isn't the done thing to brag, no matter how great you think your kid is. They all work hard in the same gym, he needs to learn and he will when parents walk away from hom.

Poor kid, no pressure eh???

I think you handled it wonderfully! Walking away is probably the biggest insult you could serve, anyway- bigger and better than any words you could have said! That is just no way to behave, IMO!

Oh yeah, those parents seem to pop up everywhere. Have a few at our gym too. I think you handled it quite well by simply leaving. If all the other parents followed your lead, he wouldn't have anyone to brag too!!!

There is a dad at our gym that was watching my DD during practice. He started asking me questions about her age and what level she was. A few minutes later he says to me, "That's funny, my daughter was much better than yours when she was that age and level." :eek:
What a JERK!!:mad:

There is a dad at our gym that was watching my DD during practice. He started asking me questions about her age and what level she was. A few minutes later he says to me, "That's funny, my daughter was much better than yours when she was that age and level." :eek:
What a JERK!!:mad:

Things like this are so sad. For grown adults to say things like this are only showing their insecurities which they will eventually pass on to their children--very sad. Just ignore these parents or better yet, just laugh hysterically when they say these comments--it will totally throw them off!!!

Good for you! That is NOT the sporting way! Parents like that are poison to a program.

Walking away calmly while trying not to scream and wring the man's neck is what I would do...:rolleyes:

We have a parent like this at our gym as well and I have learned to stay FAR FAR AWAY from her at all costs even if it means hiding in the leo rack.

I hate that parents have to behave that way, it is not good for the kids or for the sport.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back