What do you do with your ribbons/medals/trophies?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Where do you keep your ribbons/medals/trophies?

I have my trophies like displayed on all my dressers so thats not a problem. My medals used to hang on the posts on my bed but that made it kinda hard to sleep at night when they were clanging around. I used to keep my ribbons on a stuffed animal in like level 5 but they got all tangled. I had a string going across my walls to hang my ribbons on but they would all clump up in one spot and it didn't look good at all. My buliten board is not an option either because thats full of pictures.
So what do you guys do with stuff like that? Any suggestions??
Thanks everyone!

I have all my trophies on a shelf, and below the shelves there are a bunch of hooks and that is where I hang my medals. I have my gymnastics medals on one side of my room and the diving on the other side. My ribbons go in a box.

Does anyone ever get bored and look through all your gym stuff?

My trophies are on a shelf, as per my parents' persistance, but my medals and ribbons are hanging on a large stuffed pink rabbit sitting in the back of my closet. My friend thinks I am ridiculus, because she's a star volleyball player and all of her stuff is displayed at her house, but mine....not so much. All my track medals and ribbons are much worse however. Ribbons are helter-skelter throughout my room, and medals are in one of those big ziploc bags probably somwhere on the floor right now...maybe even under my bed; I'm not quite sure. I qualified to this national track meet, and I wouldn't even wear the medal. I just put it in my bag and went back to watching the last races.

I have like picture frames around my room that I put my certificates and ribbons in i have one for each of my competitions then I put a hook besides the ones I get medals at and hang the medals on the hooks. As for my trophies i put them on a shelf. I like to look at my awards and see how far ive come.

My DD has all her ribbons on nails on the wall and trophies on her dresser. There was actually an old thread about what everybody does with this stuff and there were a bunch of pictures. Perhaps Bog will know where that thread is...

I don't know where mine are :( !
I had like 25, but then i quit gym and after a few years it became unimportant to me and i didn't care where they were so the ended up in random places around my room, and now i can only find 5 of them and some of them have missing ribbons off them etc. so i had to put all the medals onto one ribbon. =/ I'm really upset that they got wrecked and lost!

Howeverrrr i'm starting competing again - my first one is this friday. Hopefully i'll be able to replace all my old ones? :p

Here's a fundraising idea on this topic. We had a Mom/Dad at the gym who would make and sell wooden racks for medals and leos (or anything else you might want to hang up). They were a board with dowells in it to hold medals/leos whatever and those picture hangy things on back to attach them to the wall. We could order them custom made - mom would paint/decorate them any way you wanted. we still have 2 up in dd's room - one says 'dd's medals, the other dd's leo) The booster club bought the materials and the money from the sales went back to the boosters. Not a bad little fund raiser.

My dad made a trophy cabinet, and we keep my gym ones and my brother's football ones in there. I keep the medals in a photo album with the date of the meet and my score. But I can't remember where exactly it is... its in the back of my cupboard somewhere.

TDIVER... I do!

I have all of my trophies on a small shelf in my bedroom and my medals are hanging above my desk. Honestly, I throw all the ribbons away.

DD has a wooden wall hanging that is shaped like a gymnast doing a leap. It has pegs beneath her and the medals and ribbons hang from them. Tropheys are on a shelf on the wall. She may have to take her L4 medals off, and store them elsewhere and just keep her current L5 ones on there. It is very cute. Problaby a good choice for the younger gymmies.

We have our DD's medals and ribbons in three-ring binders. You can actually buy ribbon and medal pages. You can fit five ribbons/medals on one page and a score card. It is a huge space saver and also keeps these momentos dust-free. We also three-hole punch programs and score sheets and file them with the corresponding medals/ribbons.

My daughter keeps hers on a shelf in her room - her trophies on top, and the medals hang down. She also keeps the hair bows from each competition (cheer) on that shelf!

I fold the ribbon on the medal three times then stick the medal ontop and they sit on one of my dressers. On the other dresser I have trophies (team in the back individual in front) and then in my closet I put older medals and trophies that don't fit on my dressers.

I keep them in a drawer. I have my State Meet medals in a little box under my bed, though, because I've had this "Frenimie" once who stole on of my State meet golds from level 4 that was my first gold ever. Needless to say, I ain't friend with her anymore.

The only medals that really mean a lot to me are the ones where I know I've done my best to earn them. The other ones that I get just because "Someone fell off" doesn't make me feel very proud of my self because I knew I could have done better and won it even with the girl not falling.

I'm weird like that.

I have my trophies on my desk, dresser, and book case.

For right now I just have all my medals on my desk chair which is super annoying because they clang all the time and there isnt enough room so i had to take some off!

I am going to get a cork board for my room and i am going to hang each one on a push pin :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back