WAG What do you guess- when is the point to quit for you/your child?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I think the bond she was with her teammates has helped her stay with it.

Yes, I think DD's friendships on the team are likely to help keep her in the sport. Her gym friends are her best friends. But I can see many of them either quitting or passing DD by in the next couple of years.

I think depending on whether the child has long term goals in the sport or not helps determine whether they stay in the sport when things get tough. Many gymnasts just do it because it is fun at the time, never really thinking about how long they want to do gymnastics or what level they want to get to.

I see level 8 as being a big drop off point at our gym - many quit, many get stuck at 8 for years - very few get to level 9 or 10 - at least very few compared to how many level 8s we have.

My Dd is 7 and will go to L3 next week officially. She is one of the best on her team of over 40 girls despite being one of the younger ones. She and her BFF (same age) are both nearly equal in skills and they keep each other motivated (best buds and super competitive with one another!) She says all the time she will never quit gymnastics and it is her life (her words, lol!). I think we will see maybe once she hits the high levels, say L8 and up. I personally love our family time and love to travel so we'd have to make some serious choices if it gets that far. For now we are enjoying the ride :)

When dd stops climbing door jams, vaulting off the ottoman, tumbling on the couch, and all around being a constant monkey at home. Although her coach assures me that once she reaches 15-20 hours per week that will subside. We'll see :(

When dd stops climbing door jams, vaulting off the ottoman, tumbling on the couch, and all around being a constant monkey at home. Although her coach assures me that once she reaches 15-20 hours per week that will subside. We'll see :(
LOL - my daughter has been going 16 to 20 hours the past two years and hasn't stopped being a monkey in the house! The trampoline in our backyard helps in the warm weather but I am not exactly sure when being a monkey stops!

I have to agree with her coach! My DD was like that--always tumbling in my house and in the yard. Now that she trains 15+ hours a week, she hardly does any crazy stuff at home. My "normal" girl is back. ;)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back