What do you honestly think of Shawn Johnson's floor music?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Just watched the video of Shawn's floor routine and I think it's awesome! It's like magic when the violins come in about halfway through!

I think the music is OK. What I think is a point they should consider when choosing a next music is to get one that gets the crowd involved.
You know I just think this music doesn`t really go over to the crowd that much.
Though on the other hand I think it is a music that fits Shawn.

It's not my favorite, but I thought the energy really matched her. Does anyone know anything about the music the Brazillian used? It was so beautiful eventhough her routine wasn't well-executed--really, I think it was the wrong music for that routine, but it would've been great for someone else's.

The music doesn't connect with others, and I think it is important to pick music that you can connect with but also that can catch the ears of those not familiar with the music.

I really enjoyed the music choices of the Russians this quad, and I think they and the Chinese had the best choreography.

Are you thinking of the really thin girl that used Hungarian Dances #6? That is great music for a routine, although the one I am selling is cut differently (better, in my opinion :p) but that girl didn't do justice to the music at all.

I personally liked her old music better but her newer music is cool two. I had to listen to it a few times to like it but i like it.

I think it was Silva, I really didn't catch her name though. Her music did grab my attention, but her routine, not so much.

I think the music is OK. What I think is a point they should consider when choosing a next music is to get one that gets the crowd involved.
You know I just think this music doesn`t really go over to the crowd that much.
Though on the other hand I think it is a music that fits Shawn.

Like Sandra Izbasa's? I love the way everyone starts clapping in hers!!! Normally you just get clapped if you fell but her music really does get you involved.

I'm not a fan of her new music, but she really likes it so that is all that matters

I am not crazy about it i think i liked her previous music better, she danced more in her routine and i think it had a little more personality.

i think her new music is good music..i'm just not sure its' quite right for a floor routine.

Love it

I really love her music. I think the routine is amazing. Alicia and Nastia do the exact same music but Shawn's is very induvidual and it suits her.:)

Does anyone know if Shawn takes dance classes or trains at all in dance like some gymnasts do?

Yeah. Her old one was kinda...:bored: but this one is like...:jump:. Very exicting. It's indivudal and it suits her really well. She likes it and it shows in her performances. I really like the way she cut it all and downloaded it on my mP3. I wouldn't use it for my floor routine (not that it's bad...it'd be like stealing though!) but I love listening to it in the car and stuff.:D

There's not a lot of routines I like these days. When I think of amazing routines I think of OO's '85 or Strazheva's '89. I really dig Joura's attempt at artistry with all those skills she has to cram in and Nastia has a lot of potential. Perhaps as she m atures she'll be more comfortable with expression and nix the limp wrists.
As for SJ's music, there's only one six second part that sounds like it should be floor music. The rest is just background.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back