What do you think about on the beam

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

to stay focused or when pulling hard tricks?

I've been having trouble doing my toekisses on the beam, my body wobbles and i just can't focus anymore(i use to do them well).

i just think about doing the skill right and making the correction that my coach told me to make. and right before i go i count to 3 in my head take a deep breth and go. it works for me. i hope i helped. :)

This might sound daft but maybe you're trying too hard to concentrate!! Like Tori said, deep breath before you go and VISUALIZE, VISUALIZE, VISUALIZE.

I always focused on keeping my belly button over the beam at all times. If all other mechanics are correct, this helps you land elements on balance. The initiation of a skill is the most important phase. I would say in my mind, " Good form, correct beginning and trust it." This worked for me. When you train right and can do your routines well in practice, competing should be the same. Don't let fear intimidate you when you KNOW you are prepared. Master control of your mind and your body will do as it's told. The mind rules the body. I hope this advice helps. :)

On any turns I think "ridiculously straight posture" Before any acro I tell myself, and up- its almost like I have someone pushing me to do the skill. Then when I stick it, I feel justified congratulating myself:D

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back