Parents What do you think of AirTracks for home use?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

This reminds me that yesterday my husband sent me a link to a trampoline saying "My coworker bought this for his four girls and they love it! What do you think?"

My response was "absolutelynoeffingway". I prefer not dealing with major injuries, but come to think of it I should have sent him here to be set straight! :D

I'm stunned that people think it's a good idea to use in the snow or pool! Yikes. It's not funny. I'm surprised the company would want their product being used in this unsafe of an environment.

My gymnasts have a lot of energy (like most I imagine) and are kind of crazy so I have had to institute some hard and fast rules for safety in the house. ONLY conditioning. Press HS, HS holds, sit ups, pull ups, that kind of stuff. Period. There was some resistance at first, but I showed them a post on here (I think maybe Dunno wrote it) about how a strong handstand is vital to gymnastics and said that if they used their energy working on things to improve THAT then it would likely pay off in the gym. :) So now I don't have to worry about life and limb so much, but just them begging me to time their wall handstands. LOL. Or count their sit up/ push ups etc. So much less terrifying!

I showed them a post on here (I think maybe Dunno wrote it) about how a strong handstand is vital to gymnastics and said that if they used their energy working on things to improve THAT then it would likely pay off in the gym. :) So now I don't have to worry about life and limb so much, but just them begging me to time their wall handstands. LOL. Or count their sit up/ push ups etc. So much less terrifying!

I love this! My rec gymnast is starting to practice a jump straddle sort of press handstand.

Ok. I had to look at this because I actually thought you were kidding.
From someone who lives in the snow, that is ******* insane. And beyond dangerous.
Same mom who used to show all the stuff her daughter did at home - on her seemingly official size beam in the living room next to the fireplace, and full size bars in the basement with the low ceilings... and I think maybe a tumble trak in the basement, too, if I recall correctly.

Same mom who used to show all the stuff her daughter did at home - on her seemingly official size beam in the living room next to the fireplace, and full size bars in the basement with the low ceilings... and I think maybe a tumble trak in the basement, too, if I recall correctly.

I was wondering if this was the same person. Yikes!

I was wondering if this was the same person. Yikes!
Yeah - I couldn't help myself, I started looking through the instagram. Apparently she's even become a "chalkUP" "ambassador". She and another gymnast were at their own meet & greet at the Olympic trials, etc.
There's a post that references a hoverboard company giving all of her followers $100 off.
there's a link to vote for her for gymnast of the year fans choice.
Her mother has always made sure to tag any of the items she wears, or the gymnasts that she loves.
Warning: MY OWN OPINION: It seems as if the mom is more interested in fame than her daughter's safety. With an optional gymmie of my own, I don't even want her touching a hoverboard (especially during meet season - LOL!), much less climbing on another person and doing tricks and stunts while her sister is on the hoverboard....

NOTE: i'm not intending to start another thread about this gymmie, just saying why I think her mom feels the airtrak in the snow & pool is okay.

I was going to post earlier that the other IG star's mom had apparently come to her senses when she moved her to WOGA, because since then she hadn't posted anything crazy. But, then today I saw an extensive video of her doing lots of back tucks, etc on the air track....in the backyard! Yes, I know she can do these skills but still!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back