What do you wear?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

What do you (or you daughter) wear to gymnastics. I usually wear a leotard with soffee shorts, or sweat pants in the winter.

At my gym, most of the compulsory girls wear leotards with no shorts, but the optionals just wear whatever, like tshirts and sweat pants with leos underneath.

What do you wear? Does your gym require you to wear a certain thing?

We have to wear leotards, nothing else. I wish we were allowed to wear shorts or sweatpants, but my coach keeps insisting that we "look like a softball team" if we do, and makes us take them off... :p

I wear leo with those black velvet gk shorts, or any other ones close fitting to the body. Our gym doesn't really have any specific rules , only no pants after warmup is over. Great question! :)

My daughter is only allowed to wear a leo and the tight black shorts(if she wants). The coaches want to see leg and arm positions all the time, so no long pants/t-shirts etc. Also they consider long pants a safety hazard.

um track pants elasticated at the angles
and a normal t-shirt im the only one allowed
to wear this because you can wear it if your
13+ and im the oldest in my group.

tinies and non team wear shorts and tshirt.
team wear either tight fitting shorts and tshirt or leo. tracksuits not to be worn after warm up.

usuallymy girls just wear a leotard sometimes they have gymnastics shorts on! they have been known to wear a long sleeve top (my younges seems like she is always cold

Our gym, girls wear leotards with shorts or just leotards. No one wears sweat pants. Sometimes really form fitted calf leggings in the winter-over the leotard of course.

DD wears a leo and GK shorts. She likes the shorts for when they are on bars.

I have one for the moms, please help me to STOP buying my DD leos. I just bought two more for her from Snowflake. She could wear a different one every practice for almost a month.

Barb

Our kids can wear whatever they want to training. Regardless of whether they are recreational or team. Except of course the obvious things. Nothing with zipers or buttons, nothing they can't move properly in and no loose clothes that could be a saftey hazard. Some wear leo's, crop tops, singlets are the most popular. Everyone wear shorts, bike pants, lycra skorts or dance pants. Some kids even wear their school gym uniforms.

My DDs were leo's and the older one usually wears the tight velvet shorts. The little one will sometimes skip the shorts. They are not allowed to wear loose shorts (soffees) and have been made to take them off. Ditto with pants or shirts although I have seen the oldest girl (17y.o.) wear sweatpants w/her leo and no one yells at her!

Our gym is SUPER cold in the winter months so team girls wear flanel pant or leggings. Leotards and some wear the GK shorts. Depending on how cold the gym is DD may have her fleece jacket on till she needs to be spotted. They are fairly lax with what the girls wear but for the most part team/pre-team girls wear the leo/GK short combo. Leggings are also popular for the younger ones on cold days.

i have the same routine every day. for warm up i wear sweat pants and a tee shirt, or a sweatshirt and shorts.. always with socks. after warm up we have to take off extra clothes. so I take every thing off except spandex shorts (GK shorts, lycra, bikers.. whatever floats your boat).

DD wears a leo and GK shorts. She likes the shorts for when they are on bars.

I have one for the moms, please help me to STOP buying my DD leos. I just bought two more for her from Snowflake. She could wear a different one every practice for almost a month.

Barb

Mom2kazkids- thats funny. I could definitely do that. I have like a billion leotards. Everyday I like wear one that I only wore once before and everyones like is that new? Then I'm like no I wore it once. and they are like ONCE? haha its pretty funny.

I wear a leo with soffes. But I used to take the shorts off for bars when I was little because I would always rip them and I wore the tight shorts like once but no one wears them at my gym so I went back to soffes. I wish we could wear sweatpants! Dude my gym is freezing! But I'm usually the only one who thinks that but this one day it was FREEZING. I was like numb. It was pretty sweet trying to do gymnastics when you are like numb. LOL.

for warm-up we are allowed to wear anything. but once you start actual gym you have to wear just a leo. unless you forget briefs. then my coach allows us to wear shorts. lol. then like conditioning you are allowed to put on shorts and a t shirt.

I wear a leo and shorts and sometimes a shirt. I normally take them off though.

At my club most of the gymnasts wear tracksuits for warm up, but i insist my girls remove their tracksuits afterwards, they are not allowed to wear shorts except on bars, however some of the bigger girls wear t-shirts and most wear shorts

at dd's gym all wear leo's. some wear shorts over them, most do not. Can wear the shorts except on bars. nobody is allowed to wear shorts when they are on bars.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back