WAG What do your children wear to training?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Scottish Caitlyn

Proud Parent
I am curious to know what your gymnastics child wears to their training sessions :)?

My 8yr old goes in her team uniform and pants and even her warm up jacket which she zips right up to the top.

Our kids are only allowed jackets for warm ups.

We are also in the Northeast US, where things are starting to warmup. Unless it’s the dead of winter, they don’t wear jackets.

Once warm ups are done, they wear their leo and most of our girls wear gymnastic shorts. Anything more then that is a safety issue and not allowed.

Our kids are only allowed jackets for warm ups.

We are also in the Northeast US, where things are starting to warmup. Unless it’s the dead of winter, they don’t wear jackets.

Once warm ups are done, they wear their leo and most of our girls wear gymnastic shorts. Anything more then that is a safety issue and not allowed.

We are in the UK which probably explains why she wears her jacket :).

Depends on the temperature- mostly just a leo or a leo/shorts. In the winter, Saturday mornings are quite cold in the gym, so they usually start the practice in a sweatshirt and pants over their leo.

Leo and mostly shorts/leggings (as long as it's tight it's good) and ankle socks for some events/parts (mostly floor jumps/turns/dance, trampoline and bars) . For warm-ups a sweatshirt is allowed

depends on the season here. Summer it is shorts, t shirt over her leo. slides/ birks with socks. Winter/ spring/fall it is leggings, long sleeve t shirt plus jacket/ heavy sweat shirt, thick socks and slides.

Mine starts off with a hoodie and leggings until she gets warmed up, then takes them off for her leo. Only allowed to wear Leo’s in the gym, the older girls can wear shorts but ONLY at certain times

Mine wears a hoodie to warm up and then leaves it somewhere in the gym only to freak out about it when we go to pick her up. It is in a new place every single time and she never has any clue how it got there. The same for her water bottle.

She also started wearing the Nike Pro Combat shorts or spandex leggings because she was cold, uncomfortable, or fashionable.

My DD wears her leo and shorts. As far as I know, they are not allowed to wear anything else at practice. Maybe if it's really cold they can but I'm not sure.

I don't think that any of the parents would let the girls wear their team warm up jacket or pants to practice. They are full of bling and I don't want to wash them any more than I have to so that the bling doesn't fall off. Plus they were pretty expensive so I want them to stay nice as long as possible.

My daughter wears a leo and bar shorts. She wears pants over when it’s cold out, and sometimes a hoodie in the winter. She really doesn’t like her team warm up so wouldn’t ever wear it unless forced.

Hoodie's and leggings are allowed for warm ups, after that it's just the leo

Shorts are only permitted during the summer (non competition season)

My daughter wears a leo and bar shorts. She wears pants over when it’s cold out, and sometimes a hoodie in the winter. She really doesn’t like her team warm up so wouldn’t ever wear it unless forced.
I meant she wears the pants and/or hoodie from our house to the car to the gym, never once on the practice floor.

Hoodie's and leggings are allowed for warm ups, after that it's just the leo

Shorts are only permitted during the summer (non competition season)

Ditto.

It's warm here in MD this week so shorts and a leo to gym. Only Leo on floor when warm.

Sports bra or leo and shorts. She used to just wear only a leo, but then she started training with the big girls and is dressing like them. Our gym is very lax with dress code.

My daughter changes our of her school uniform into her training gear most days.

Tank leo and gym shorts in summer

Long sleeved leo and 3/4 leggings in winter. Generally in stretch velvet because it is a little warmer than Lycra/mystique. Occasionally a ballet wrap over the leo.

Sydney does not get very cold during winter compared to the UK and many parts of the US, but our gyms are not air conditioned or heated and are generally just big sheds. In winter during daylight hours they are often colder inside than it is outside.

My daughter’s team all own blankets in their team colours to take to competitions to keep themselves warm between apparatus. They aren’t often needed, but every now and then they get an early start time at an especially cold gym on an especially cold day and it is blankets, or shivering girls going blue, and nobody wants a kid on bars or beam in that condition!

Sleeveless leo, and depending on season, shorts or leggings. Also, during colder months. Light zip up jackets/sweatshirts/long sleeve t’s, etc. during warm up, especially Saturday mornings in the winter.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back