DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

JBS

ChalkBucket Founder
Staff member
Gold Membership
Coach
Proud Parent
My wife and I haven't gone to see Stick It yet (don't know if we will). Many of our gymnasts and coaches said it was great. I even have four new 13 year old boys in my one of my classes because of that movie. They said they saw Stick It and now they want to do gymnastics. They said they want to do flips and meet chicks. What does everyone else think of Stick It?

Most of our team went to see it together the first week it was out. It was cute, the girls really enjoyed it. Shelley and I sat next to eachother and cracked up at some of the total silliness. The best part to me was when the girls were imagining the judges trying to do thier routines. I swear, I'm going to buy that movie just so Kristen can watch that part before every meet. It was great! The rest of the movie was ok. I sorta felt like the main character had a really bad attitude and the movie really glorified it. Made it seem like it was great to have a smart mouth and swagger around, plus she supposedly threw big tricks with no warm-up and out of training for a year+? Also the team was competitive to the point of being adversarial, and if that's the way elite gymnastics is, I'm glad Kristen will never be elite. Not a great example. I'd say see it, because most of the kids will. but it won't hurt to wait for DVD.

I loved it. I went with my non-gymnast friends, but they loved it just as much as I did. At the gym, we copied some of the spoof moves as well as some of the conditioning.

I have it on DVD and it is one of my most favorite movies!!!! I've seen it at leastttt 3238238129 trillion times. I encourage you to rent it at least once!

i loved it!
Every time we (the team) go to a clinic which is an hour or so away, we grab a portable DVD player and the movie and watch it over and over and over again:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back