Parents What does "G K" mean?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Peasmama

Proud Parent
Hi, only my 2nd post here. My DD asked me what "GK" means because her coach exclaimed "GK" when DD did her splits as directed by coach. She thinks it was a compliment but didn't know what it meant. Only thing I could think of was "Gym kid." Anybody know what she meant?

I don't know what the coach meant, but GK is a type of Leotard. Gym Kin is the brand name, but the emblem on the hip is gk...

I've only heard of "GK" as a brand of leotard. I have no idea what that would mean coming from a coach as a compliment or exclamation. Your dd should ask the coach! :)

What nationality is the coach? She might be not picking up on the actual phrase, which may be some foreign expression.

originally in the old days they called themselves Gym Kin. It probably is still their corporate name.

Well, for my dd, GK is her nickname at the gym (initials). It's what everyone calls her everywhere except for school. :D

I bet as you and your husband double checked that your name options' initials didn't mean anything bad you had no idea that they were the same as probably the most popular leos. :D

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back