What does this update mean? (Grade 3 beam)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

...However, should be ok for the in-age kids as they are younger so will bars right out they will be nowhere near the low bar.

You'd thimk wouldn't you? But I have a very tall gymnast turning 10 this year so it's going to be a struggle for her. We have opted for elastic in the low bar at the mo so if she does catch her feet, it won't hurt! I'd teach her to straddle but I don't think she will understand that in time!!

You'd thimk wouldn't you? But I have a very tall gymnast turning 10 this year so it's going to be a struggle for her. We have opted for elastic in the low bar at the mo so if she does catch her feet, it won't hurt! I'd teach her to straddle but I don't think she will understand that in time!!

I have a similar problem with one of my gymnasts. If she shapes the swing correctly she misses the low bar by an inch if that, but if she misses the timing even slightly she catches her feet. Yeah, straddling confuses the youngsters if they have to switch from straight to straddled. Same with cast handstands!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back