Off Topic What does your (or your DD's bedroom look like?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymgurl

Coach
Gymnast
I thought it might be interesting to have a thread describing our bedroom.

I go first!

Well my room is not huge but not tiny, I have a small balcony with 2 chairs and lots of spiders at the moment (its great to use in autumn and spring) I have a Double bed which has blue and white covers in summer and winter - still blue and white or sometimes blue white and green.

I also have a few photos of my family :)

Above my newly spotless desk i have a massive!! canvas photo of the eiffel tower. Just about everything except for my wardrobe (which is built in) is wooden and i have all my ribbons pinned up on the door of my wardrobe and medals hanging on my bookshelf

And posters of celebrities who may or may not be hot guys :p

My DD has a hot pink and zebra bedroom. She has a white turning bookshelf that can of course store books on one side, has a cork board on one side, 3 coat hooks and a bar on another side and the last side is a full length mirror. She has an armoire and a nightstand to match the bookshelf. We recently found a white desk that matches it pretty well and has drawer pulls with cats wearing cat eye glasses and a rhinestone necklace. Her bed is a pink painted iron canopy bed with zebra sheers at the corners. Her quilt is pink and zebra and the bedskirt is zebra. Her walls are hot pink at the bottom with a white chair rail going around and the top is a light pink. I hope you can kindof get the idea of what it looks like!!

sounds like she likes pink :)

oh and a side note: I forgot to put the second bracket in the title Damnit!

mine is light/baby pink in colour, it's pretty big, i have a double bed with a purple silk quilt with lighter purple and pink flowers embroided into it, i have a wooden bed, i have a big white cupboard, a low boy with my tv/stereo system thing on it and speakers all around the room, my wooden tallboy with my clothes, a pretty pink puple and white mat with flowers on the floor, my massive 8 ft tall 3-4ft wide gorilla that sits in the corner hehe, 2 wooden bed sides, i have pink velvet curtains and a big plush rainbow coloured snake that wraps around the curtain rod, i have 2 canvas' one ubove my bed and one on my plain wall (teh one on teh plain wall has now been takin off and now makes my room look alot more simple) the other one used to be a canvas of GYMNASTICS written diagonally across it in pink sparkly bubble writing and pics of famous gymnasts all over it with their names in pink sparkly writting underneath, i have now taken this off and i have a photo frame with 4 pictures of me doing gymnastics in it :), on my door i have a crown that says gymnast on the top and has 5 points, one point says floor one says bars, beam, vault and all around :), i have a cardboard poster of my gymnastics party on it with several pics from my party at the gym and a carboard medal cutout, then i have a decal of a girl doing the middle splits at the top :), also my awards, medals ect sit on top of my tallboy with my very fiorst award for doing a front sault lol and my singer superstar award from yr 6 hehe :)

My dd is way into animals! She has a jungle theme going, with murals on the wall, zebra striped accessories, and tons of stuffed animals. She has bookcases overflowing with animal reference books. She even has a few live jungle creatures on hand. She has the love of her life... a 2 ft long bearded dragon in a huge aquarium (O.K. so he's an Autralian desert creature, and not really from the jungle, but we won't get technical here), a fish in a bowl, and the occasional "jungle cat" (in miniature, of course) wandering through in search of kibble. Oh, and the creatures I try to ignore... the rubbermade container of cockroaches that she breeds to feed to her dragon. Theoretically, the cockroaches are tropical and will die if they escape from their heated habitat. That's what I keep telling myself anyway.

My non-gymnast dd has a dragon theme going (the mythical kind... not the bearded kind). She has two pet rats who are actually very sweet.

I love hearing about all the bedrooms I love the idea of a jungle themed room :) and long bearded dragon! impressive pet!! I have heard rats are very sweet (i have also heard they don't stink like mice do :p

Okay so I'm working on a post with pics from my dorm room. I totally had it done, but then the pictures were huge and I realized there was the logo from my college in one pic and a coffee cup with my name on it in the other, and I have to coach tonight and still get homework done for tomorrow... therefore I must not procrastinate any more on CB today. But I have some fun pics to show!

Well I am jealous of all those with double beds! I only have a single! My room is quite long, but fairly narrow with a chimney breast on one wall making it even more narrow! I've a tall bookcase on that wall, a chest of drawers with my tv on and a wardrobe - I love african and indian things - I have 2 Batik's from Africa framed, one of someone carrying a water pot on their head and the other of a mother and child running toward each other with open arms. I also have a wall hanging made of various different indian sari materials and a pouf in a similar material. My duvet is deep purple, as is my carpet, but my walls are a boring peachy colour - kind of want to do a feature wall with fancy wallpaper but can't really afford it yet! Similar to Mary A's daughter, I have a leopard Gecko in my room. I also share my room with my cat who won't go anywhere else in our house!

Woah! that sounds awesome and don't worry my walls are a boring white :p but i like that so its good :p Leopard Gecko! That's impressive!! lol about the cat :) TumblrK that's a great idea with the pics :) Will consider doing that maybe after its tidy...... (its taken 4 days to clean!!! at least now whats not clean can be shut behind closed doors hehe)

And Marie83 I used to have a really narrow room until we renovated now my room is air space :p it was a very awkard shape :p because it was not only narrow it was also a wierd L sort of shape with the longer bit being only 2-3m MAX and the shorter bit only maybe 1 more :p

Last edited:
I have a double bed with a quilt my friend made for me on it, and usually a cat on the stack of pillows.

My walls include:
-Brain pictures
-Inspirational postcards I have recieved
-A Litany Against Fear poster
-Pictures of my gymnasts
-A corkboard covered in a dark green Tshirt with a joke about herding cats
-A computer desk and the accompanying computer, complete with rather large LCD monitor
-Labels for where EVERYTHING goes.

Woah!!! Labels for everything!!!!! Thats intense! and i can totally relate to the cat thing and because my cat is black and my covers white atm my bed gets an awful lot of cat fur on it :p

My room is terribly boring. It has white walls and a window with no curtains and white blinds. I have a bulletin board with cute dog pictures and a few other things, a big framed photo of my dog, and a few Utah gymnastics posters on the walls to try to spice things up a little. I have a lofted twin bed in one corner with a bright pink comforter with white and orange tropical flowers and some brightly colored pillows. Next to the bed is an old, rickety, wooden bookshelf. Across from the bed is a built in desk with a book shelf mounted over top with lots of cookbooks, knick knacks, and a photo book of my dogs. In the next corner is a bright pink round chair (currently covered in laundry that needs to be folded). In the last corner is a very small metal dresser with a cupboard on top. There are some pictures and knick knacks on the window sill as well. Nothing too exciting.

Dorm room!

I decided that a description of my tiny dorm room would take too long, so I took pictures rather than doing my thermodynamics homework!

tumblerk-albums-tumblerk-picture2979-bunked-beds.jpg

Looks like a usual dorm room right? Beds are bunked, no big deal. But the other side of the beds is right up against the window and the bottom of the railing is about at the top of my head height wise... there's a reason that the gymnast roomie sleeps on the top bunk! Under my roomie's bed is my dresser, 1 fridge, one small fridge we use as a freezer, and a microwave.

On the other side of the armoire is my desk. Much homework gets done here. My favorite way to sit is with my back against the wall, top drawer open and legs over the drawer. The poster on the wall that you can't see very well is of Shawn Johnson.

tumblerk-albums-tumblerk-picture2978-view-my-bed.jpg

This is the view from my bed. Windows are to the right, and there's a futon right there. Door is to the left. Note the "like a girl" poster and my center-split snowman. To any other person that would be a snowman that is made to go under door cracks to keep out a draft, but not to a gymnast. I got that at my team christmas party my first year on the team :)

tumblerk-albums-tumblerk-picture2977-wall-quote.jpg

And this is on the wall above the window right in front of my bed :D

I LOVE the way my dorm room is set up! Much better than last year when I had a psycho roommate who I swear will be on one of those TLC shows about hoarding someday. I like that I have to gymnastics my way into bed, except for those zip ties that can really give your leg a nice long gash if your not quite awake in the morning!

ahaha im a bit like that i hoard everything!! I have 2 boxes and a massive bag full of stuff that i want to keep just....not in my room :) Your dorm room looks really cool!! I think it would be so cool to live on campus :) Is that your desk in the picture? it looks TINY how can you possibly work on that?????????

okay well i got my room painted when i was 11 so it was like a "tween" room, but i still kinda like it. my walls are lime green from the first like 3/5s then 1/5 white and on top of thw white is 1/5 purple. on the white part there iss turquise, lime green, and polka dots. then i have small lime green and blue rug on the floor. i have a queen bed which takes up most of my rrom :D a have a built in closet with storage room to hang clothes and some drawes. then i have a dresser a chair and a bookcase. my room is pretty tiny like 8 by 10.

My desk is the one you can see in the first picture, and it's actually pretty darn big. I have enough room to out my lap to and an open textbook right next to each other. That takes up most of it length wise.

Well my room is black on a wall and about a quarter and the rest is hot pink. I also have a gymnastics boarder all around my room, and on the black walls there are small little white sparkly stars. My bed is a twin and it's on the right side of my room. Next to my bed I have a shelf that has gymnastics trophies on it. On the back wall I have a bench below my window. On the right side of my room I have my dresser, closet, and vanity. Next to my door I have a bunch of shelves that are built into the wall. All over my walls I have gymnastics pictures, a gymnastics clock, gymnastics quotes, and gymnastics wall hangings.

I share my room with my 8 and 6 year old little sister. (so annoying because they are so much younger)
The room itself isn't to small but with 3 people in it seems quite a bit small.
The wall is a light blue color and on my bed I have a purple and blue quilt. But my little sisters both have hot pink silk comforters. And they have a bunk bed.
We have a purple desk. 3 wood dressers and a closet with a closet curtain that is blue.
I try to make it as 'none pink' as possible but I have to allow them somee pink considering it is their room as well :D
We have this purple lamp that the lamp shade is custom painted with gymnasts and ballerinas on it and then a pink boa around the edge. It looks really girly but I like it because it's unique.
I have 2 bulletin boards that sorta represent 'me' I have some medals hung around the edges. Pictures and quotes and such on the middle and whatever else I find.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back