WAG What even is this skill?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hey, so while surfing the web I cam upon this skill

Ahhh!

So the description says it's a full but I don't get how it can be a full because she ends up facing the other way. The comments are arguing whether or not it is a 1.5 or a 0.5 and so I thought I'd bring it to you guys.

What do you think?

Also, unrelated, is it in the code? I've never seen it before on ANYTHING, like not even in any other videos.

Thanks!

Edit: the second skill, not the front tuck :D

It's a side aerial full twist to swing down, I believe. If you do a side aerial, you wind up facing the way you came. So add another full twist to that and you still face where you came.

It looks like an updated version of a move that Elena Shushunova had in her BB routine in 1985 but with an extra full twist - Elena had the side arial into swing down - so perhaps it is the extra twist is where the comments about it being a full come from.
You can see it at around the one minute mark

It looks like an updated version of a move that Elena Shushunova had in her BB routine in 1985 but with an extra full twist - Elena had the side arial into swing down - so perhaps it is the extra twist is where the comments about it being a full come from.

It's a side aerial full twist to swing down, I believe. If you do a side aerial, you wind up facing the way you came. So add another full twist to that and you still face where you came.
But if you notice, she twists the opposite way that she would if it was a side ariel. (????)

i love this routine! she was gorgeous on beam

But if you notice, she twists the opposite way that she would if it was a side ariel. (????)
This is correct. This is essentially a front half twist off one foot. It is not a full twist.

In tricking (XMA, or martial arts tricking), this is known as an aerial twist, or simply, A twist. I can do these and they are a ton of fun! I think it's awesome to do them on beam. I never thought of that possibility before!

This is correct. This is essentially a front half twist off one foot. It is not a full twist.

In tricking (XMA, or martial arts tricking), this is known as an aerial twist, or simply, A twist. I can do these and they are a ton of fun! I think it's awesome to do them on beam. I never thought of that possibility before!
Sweet :D Thanks

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back