What grips do you use?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Just wondering
But what grips do you guys use or think are the best brand?
I use Reisport and they seem pretty good. Also, which is better? Velcro or buckle straps?​

I like Ten Sport...i think they are pretty similar to reisport. (i saw them both in the Ten.0. magazine and they looked similar). I absolutly love them! Mine are velcro, but the velcro doesn't stick anymore so i just where rubberbands around them to keep them on. You have to tighten them alot, but the buckle's look like they would hurt your wrists, but have never worn them so idk. I saw Bridget Sloan doing the rubber band thing like i do, so i guess it is a good idea :)

My DD has the Nastia Russian Heritage buckle grips. Seems to be well liked by the coaches and the optional girls are all going for them as they outgrown their current grips.

Our Gym uses velcro grips for L5 and L6. Then when they get to L7 if they outgrow the velcro ones or they get specific skills they can get buckles.

My DD loves the buckles more because she says they are more secure for the bigger bar skills.

I have reisport velcro ones. I've had them for about a year but I only go twice a week. I don't like buckle grips. My velcro still stays pretty well even though the end of the velcro strip is full of pit foam. lol

I don't remember what brand of grip I use, but i know the gym gives two options, one for smaller girls and one fro the older girl becaus etheir hands are bigger. I used velcro grips (non-dowel) in level four, but when i moved up to level five i got dowel leather buckle grips. I like the buckle grips a lot better because they feel more secure when doing big skills. They do not hurt your wrist becaus eof the wrist bands under them, and they wear out a lot slower than some of the velcro grip i've seen or used. I know some gyms do not require grip use before a certian level, but i think it is best t o get used to them early on with small skills, than try to use them after you get a giant or fly away. They help you grip the bar much better, and prevant blisters. The buckle (i think) also works better than velcro becasue the buckle always works, where as velcor can wear out or well, not velcro any more. :) Hope you foun dthis rambling reply helpful!

I just got a new pair of Reisport velcro dowell grips. I'm breaking them ng now and they break in pretty quickly. They're really comfortable too. I like the wider grips too.

I don't remember what brand of grip I use, but i know the gym gives two options, one for smaller girls and one fro the older girl becaus etheir hands are bigger. I used velcro grips (non-dowel) in level four, but when i moved up to level five i got dowel leather buckle grips. I like the buckle grips a lot better because they feel more secure when doing big skills. They do not hurt your wrist becaus eof the wrist bands under them, and they wear out a lot slower than some of the velcro grip i've seen or used. I know some gyms do not require grip use before a certian level, but i think it is best t o get used to them early on with small skills, than try to use them after you get a giant or fly away. They help you grip the bar much better, and prevant blisters. The buckle (i think) also works better than velcro becasue the buckle always works, where as velcor can wear out or well, not velcro any more. :) Hope you foun dthis rambling reply helpful!

I agree. That is the feeling of our optional gymnasts too. Once they outgrow their velcro grips they get the buckle ones. My DD loves the buckles (she has had them for just a short time) She too has said they feel more secure but we have to get the longer wrist bands for them as they are a double buckle type.

Also I don't know if its true or not but I have heard the Nastia ones are made by English Bulldog.

I have English Bulldog Dowel grips (Double buckle) (had to memorize it when we were first getting them, for some reason I still haven't forgotten :p) I like them a lot, and I think that the buckle grips really are a whole lot more secure than velcro (IMHO).

I also love ten-o grips. I have tried a few other brands but these ones feel to be the most natural, for me at least. The difference between buckles and velcro is sometimes the velcro gets weak after time and some girls will have to put ruberbands on over the velcro. With ten-o they have classic and blues. The classic have thicker leather, so they take longer to break in but they will last longer.

I have this weird kind of grips but I do not know the brand. They are not really buckle or velcro but they have a wider leather and are super grippy. haha they like are this weird kind of plastic thats really strong and you put them in these holes and tighten them like you do with some rollerblades or snowboard boots haha I do not know how to explain it

i use the ten-o grips with the velcro. they are really easy to get use to, but the finger holes always close back up, and are too small.

I use English Bull Dog buckle, although my grips are almost warn out and I'd Like To try reisport.:D

I have US Glove with the buckles, but I am going to get ten-o sport with velcro, because it takes way too long to get set up with the buckles

I like Reisport (did I spell that right?) the best. i've used Ten-0 in the past but i switched because the holes for the fingers were way to small, the velcro never stuck, and it wasn't easy to break them in. The younger girls like compulsaries have ten-0 but once they hit optionals they usually get Reisport, the only bad thing about Reisport is that they are slightly more expensive then ten-0 but they are better in quality so its worth it. Also if you do alot of swinging on bars, Reisport has the option of elite protec which are thicker and hold up better.

i would not reccomend 10-0. everyone at my gym started out with themandwithin ayear of having them our dowels started to fall off. it was really inconvient since we hadto wait for our new grips to come in in order to do bars again. i currently use US glove buckle and i love them! I would definatley say that they have lasted me for a year and they are still in great shape.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back