What grips?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I am in need of a new pair of grips again, and am planing on trying a new brand. The brand I'm currently using doesn't seem to last very long, about 6 months. My coach had recommened them, but now says that I should try a different one. I prefer thicker grips, that take longer to break in, but that should last longer. What kinds do you use, and what would you recommend? How long should a pair of grips last? Has anybody used Resisport Protec grips, and what do you think of them? Should I have 2 pairs on hand?
Also I'm thinking about trying buckel grips, but was wondering if they fit as well as velcro ones, I find I'm always tightning mine.
(I'm a level 7 gymnast.)

Buckle grips seem to last longer. Velcro grips are not as thick. A buckle grip can last as long as for years, but I have had a pair of grips thgat only lasted 8 months and they them had 3 tears in them. And you should ALWAYS have an extra pair of grips that sre broken in.:)

I currently use 10.0. i do not like these grips very much but when i got my new buckle grips over the summer i found them really hard to get used to and ended up ust usingmy old ones again. Since i am recovering from injury i will have to start with basic skills and will probably use my new grips while doing this. Changing from velcro to beckle is really wierd they move on your wrist a little bit differently and will feel really strange at first. A lot also has to do with the typeof wrist bands you use. The new grips i have are US glove and they are thicker and were taking awhile to break in. I would just stay away from 10.0 as me and the girls in my gym have not had much luck with them, and mine unvelcro when i was learning a release move. i am a level 7 gymnast training 8! Hope this helps!!

I use bulldog grips and they seem to have been doing me well. Mine are double buckel grips and they seem to be really reliable.

US GLOVE!! I've had mine for 3 years now and they are my first pair of grips! They last a really long time and they are thick :) Mine are single buckle.

Another for US glove. They last SO long. The first pair of grips I had from them lasted level 5 to 7. My single buckle grips I got after that were good level 7-9. Now, I'm getting double buckle US glove grips. Hopefully have the same results with those!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back