Off Topic What if I had won?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Ever sense I fell off that beam at state I keep questioning myself, but what if I had stayed on? Me being the person I am had to go and look, I would have won. That was my goal all year, to win and get my name up on the banner we get every year after state, but as soon as I saw I started to get disappointed, disappointed in myself. Not because I had fallen, but the way I acted after I did. I was a complete brat. I was mad and frustrated and down right mean, it took me a good 10 minutes to stop crying, but now a mere 2 days later and I'm happy I didn't win. Happy? Yeah because it's the girls who didn't do there best that want it more. Throughout the season I was wondering if I wanted to try to be a 9 next year or if I wanted to do collage gymnastics, and now I know that answer. Yes. I want it so much, I want to make regionals next year, I don't want to give up this sport when I'm done with high school. I want to be the first gymnast in my gym that goes to collage on a gymnastics scholarship, but most importantly I want all the little kids in the gym to know that it's ok to fail. Like I told my teammate after she fell ( yeah we both did) I'm still gonna love you, your still gonna be my friend, your still gonna be the best in my eyes. Why wouldn't you? Because you fell? Everyone falls, whether it's once or every meet in the season, but everyone does. And all though you may think I'm crazy, failing is a great felling.

Very nicely said emilykatherine. You have a great attitude and that is more important than any medal you will ever achieve! Good luck attaining everything you have set your mind to!

Very nicely said emilykatherine. You have a great attitude and that is more important than any medal you will ever achieve! Good luck attaining everything you have set your mind to!
Thanks! My first goal is to learn the vault where you do the front handspring onto the board and the over the table!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back