WAG What is level 3P?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

A stands for achievement, and P stands for placement. For achievement, the gymnasts earn colored ribbons for their scores. No placements or medals are given. Although at some meets, girls competing achievement will receive an all-around/participation medal.

A stands for achievement, and P stands for placement. For achievement, the gymnasts earn colored ribbons for their scores. No placements or medals are given. Although at some meets, girls competing achievement will receive an all-around/participation medal.

Thanks. And what is 5S?

Sometimes, the letter means nothing... It is just how the meet people labeled it. A and P are achievement and placement, but other letters may just be which gym (for multiple gyms running at once) or session they competed in or any other designation they decided.

AAU levels often have letters to designate Novice, Intermediate, Advanced and Elite.

Not sure what an S would mean.

I have seen age groups divided 5G, 5S, & 5B. I assume it means gold, silver, bronze. This was before my daughter was involved in gymnastics, so I don't know how it was decided who was in each category. I haven't seen it done that way anymore. Below is an example from 2008.

http://www.mymeetscores.com/meet.pl?meetid=14827674
That looks like they were running 3 "gyms" at once … for the state meet. They probably named the gyms the Gold Gym, the Silver Gym, and the Bronze Gym. This would especially make sense in an Olympic Year if their theme was Olympics related.
I was at a meet once with gyms named Aerosmith, Bon Jovi, Clash, and Def Leppard. It was a Rock and Roll Theme :)

From what I have seen in our area is 5s would mean level 5 small gym and 5 l would be large gym. some meets break the levels depending on the size of the team. More so level 3 and 4 because team size very so much.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back