Welcome to our Gymnastics Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

What is this move called?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bsloat11

Feb 22, 2012
Rhode Island
This past weekend I was at the new england high school gymnastics championships and I saw something very interesting on the bars that I want to learn. The girl did a kip then looked like she was going to do a squat on but straddled her legs, bounced her legs on the bar and back tucked off as a dismount. It was really nice to see something so different and I was wondering if anyone knew the name of the skill.

dunno

Verified Coach
Verified Coach
Proud Parent
Former Gymnast
Club Owner
Apr 28, 2009
it's called a Tanac.

coachmolly

Verified Coach
Verified Coach
Former Gymnast
Jan 18, 2009
VA
Country
USA
I saw it done at a meet a few weeks ago and thought it was called a Tanac, but something in the back of my mind kept telling me I was going nuts and making things up. I probably really am going nuts, but it's good to know I at least got the name of that skill right :p.

Esoteric

May 28, 2010
Pacific NW
That was my old dismount! And I grew up in New England! And my old bar coach also coaches a local high school! If the girl was from Concord, NH, she has one of the most amazing coaches ever! (BTW, I HATED that dismount- but he loved it!)

Reactions: 2 people

GymBee97

Proud Parent
Feb 13, 2012
Country
USA
I know that girl she trains at my DD's Gym. We were there too and she makes it look easy.

gymgal

Proud Parent
Aug 22, 2008
Country
USA
One of the videos says it is a banned dismount. Anyone know now?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

dunno

Verified Coach
Verified Coach
Proud Parent
Former Gymnast
Club Owner
Apr 28, 2009
yep, that. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

bsloat11

Feb 22, 2012
Rhode Island
Yeah, that girl did make it look easy, but I liked that it was a move that no one else does. It got me looking at what other moves I could learn (with the bars how far apart they are now) to make my routine different

GymnastAlice

Apr 10, 2012
United Kingdom
Yes, that bar dismount is very cool looking I believe it is called a "Tanac" Remember to add me as a friend I am new on the ChalkBucket! :)

"Do not let fear prevent you just throw your heart and belief over the vault."

Status
Not open for further replies.