WAG What is this move called?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

This past weekend I was at the new england high school gymnastics championships and I saw something very interesting on the bars that I want to learn. The girl did a kip then looked like she was going to do a squat on but straddled her legs, bounced her legs on the bar and back tucked off as a dismount. It was really nice to see something so different and I was wondering if anyone knew the name of the skill.

I saw it done at a meet a few weeks ago and thought it was called a Tanac, but something in the back of my mind kept telling me I was going nuts and making things up. I probably really am going nuts, but it's good to know I at least got the name of that skill right :p.

That was my old dismount! And I grew up in New England! And my old bar coach also coaches a local high school! If the girl was from Concord, NH, she has one of the most amazing coaches ever! (BTW, I HATED that dismount- but he loved it!)

One of the videos says it is a banned dismount. Anyone know now?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Yeah, that girl did make it look easy, but I liked that it was a move that no one else does. It got me looking at what other moves I could learn (with the bars how far apart they are now) to make my routine different

Yes, that bar dismount is very cool looking I believe it is called a "Tanac" Remember to add me as a friend I am new on the ChalkBucket! :)

"Do not let fear prevent you just throw your heart and belief over the vault."

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back